Buell Bails on Off-road Motorcycle Development ...for now

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
From a press release issued by Buell Motorcycle Company:

Company to Focus Resources on XB Street Motorcycles and new 1125R Platform

EAST TROY, WI (September 25, 2007) –Buell Motorcycle Company has announced it is shelving its off-road motorcycle development plans for the foreseeable future. Earlier this year, Buell announced to dealers that the Company intended to enter the closed-course, competition use off-road motorcycle market.

“Buell has made the business decision to focus resources on its street motorcycle business, including continued development of the XB line and the launch of the all new 1125R superbike platform,” said Buell President and Chief Operating Officer Jon Flickinger. “Buell customers and dealers have expressed incredible excitement for the new 1125R superbike and our entry into the mainstream sportbike market.”

Buell Motorcycle Company, a subsidiary of Harley-Davidson, produces sport motorcycles, motorcycle parts, accessories and apparel. To learn more about Buell motorcycles, visit your local Buell dealer today and experience the pure streetfighter attitude, style and performance only found on board a Buell. For the Buell dealer nearest you, pull into www.buell.com.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
That's too bad. I was looking forward to a new player.

Is that Flickinger guy related to Rooster at all? That would explain it:ohmy:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
RM_guy said:
. . . Is that Flickinger guy related to Rooster at all? That would explain it:ohmy:
They're married.

explained a lot more than you wanted, didn't it?

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
I need to find out if I am related to Jon, maybe I could score me a Buell on the cheap!

LMAO, Pred, you get an extra man hug for that one.

Now quit jacking this thread with your silly antics

Top Bottom