andym

Jun 3, 2000
I checked a trailhead out yesterday near Johnson City, TN. Has anybody ever rode there or know what its like? The info at the trailhead said the trail is an out and back trail that is 12.79 miles one way.

I'm going to give it a ride soon if anybody is in the area and wants to ride.

andym

Jun 3, 2000
Review

I rode this trail today and really liked it. The terrain had some sand, mud, rock and roots. Elevation changes were great. Some of the switchbacks had banking that would let you really rail around them. I didn't like going in and out on the same trail. I didn't have any problems with other riders, we got out of each others way everytime I encoutered them. I'm about 11/2 away so this will make a good place to ride that isn't too far away.

KEONDGO

Dec 12, 2000
Weekend after July 4

Thinking about going out to my moms in Johnson City the weekend after July 4, I live in southeast va. Anybody know any other places to ride in the area

andym

Jun 3, 2000
The only other trail in the Johnson City area that I know of is Holston Mtn. I've never ridden it but have been told it is alot like Buffalo Mtn. If MX is your sport, racing will be at Muddy Creek July 6,7, and 8. It is the Kawasaki Tenn State Championship race. If your looking for somebody to ride with let me know and we can do some riding.

Top Bottom