nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Only time I've been on the mx track was a raceday last September - the track was groomed really nice!! Actually had some soft powdery dirt in the corners... but I've heard that it's pretty "hard" during open riding... I haven't even wasted my time (hurts too much when you crash that way) :)

------------------
'01 YZ 125 - #32
2000 D17 Women's Motocross Champion
Sponsors: DGY, MX-Tech, Bell, Smith, Works Connection, Boyesen, Twin Air, SoCal/DeCal Works, Morris Trailer Sales, and Skyway Trucking

Bob Brooks

Jan 6, 2001
You're right about the motocross track being nice when it's prepped for a race. I've done a handful of races there over the past several years and it's always fun on raceday. It's quite a different story on regular non-race weekends though. Typically, I don't even ride on the track then. I might take a token lap or two to loosen up but then I head to the woods and the hills. I didn't think motocross was supposed to be ridden on asphalt or concrete, but that's the usual conditions of the track. For me, the fun riding at Buffalo Rock is on the trails, although the MX track certainly has wonderful potential.

I often wonder why the place doesn't see more maintenance and I sometimes get aggravated about that. But then I think about it, and I'm just glad we have Buffalo Range. It's a fun place with a huge variety of terrain and for woods riding, it's really about the only game in town in this area. If I want to ride, I have to go to Buffalo Range or to a local race. My only other option is traveling a long way. It would be terrific to have another option, wouldn't it? Wardy?

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Originally posted by Bob Brooks:
It would be terrific to have another option, wouldn't it? Wardy?

:D

------------------
'01 YZ 125 - #32
2000 D17 Women's Motocross Champion
Sponsors: DGY, MX-Tech, Bell, Smith, Works Connection, Boyesen, Twin Air, SoCal/DeCal Works, Morris Trailer Sales, and Skyway Trucking

James980

Dec 29, 1999
Originally posted by KasperMX:
You went all out with that sticker kit. Shouldnt be hard to spot.lol

A friend wants to go to Badlands sunday.Can anyone give me a reason why I would want to go there instead of Ottawa?

More room to raise hell?

Just went down to the Badlands last week. It's great fun if you just like to blast through the sand pits. But the track S-U-C-K-S. Let's put it this way: The first time I went to the Badlands was January 2000; last weekend, the track still had the same ruts in the jump lips. Plus, the Badlands is downright dangerous with all those quads and buggies zooming around; there were a few ambulances with there lights flashing that day.

As for Ottawa, hopefully they have made a few changes to the track. I didn't hate it as much as some. It's long, which is good. Some of the jumps can get in bad shape and very unpredictable, which is bad. The little doubles, medium-sized and one long tabletops in the back are pretty fun. The whoops were fun until they bull-dozed them and put in those crappy SX-style mini whoops, which suck.

In any case, can't wait to hit both the track and the trails again. Just make sure you stay off the stuff on the opposite side of the entrance road. The guys who own that were being real dicks if you got over there late last year, which is too bad because there is some good stuff back that way.

I'm also anxious to see if they fenced off the trails leading back to the caves and the GP track (although that's someone else's, too, and they will run you off if they catch you).

James
00CR250

James980

Dec 29, 1999
Originally posted by wardy:
some time in the next month you guys mite have another option to go and play around.

:)

wardy

we are close!

Late last summer a little birdy told me you might be building something...DON'T KEEP US IN SUSPENSE, PARTNER!

James
00CR250

PS: Need help building a track for the 50s? I'll go out there with a freaking spoon if it will get my kid off my back!

KXKen

Jan 6, 2001
Originally posted by James980:
More room to raise hell?

Just went down to the Badlands last week. It's great fun if you just like to blast through the sand pits. But the track S-U-C-K-

The Badlands is good for hill climming and blasting wide open in 5th gear but I agree the track is terrible.

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
wardy's wife signed on the doted line friday morning........so all those bad things i ever said .....i take back!!!!!!!!

look for another post on this issue, this thread isn't the correct one.

thanks

------------------
wardy
"don't wake me.......I am working."
http://www.megacross.com

Top Bottom