chriskat1100

Feb 24, 2008
I all dose any one know any thing about the bultaco pursang 370. now I know a little about bikes and all two strokes I have seen have some type of reed valve but I don't see one on my 370? and I cant seem to get it to run so you know what I am thinking! buy the way the bike was given to me buy some guy..I work at a land fill .

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
The first three digits of the serial number will tell you the model number, which will tell you the approx year of manufacture. Look at this http://bultaco.com/Identify.htm

As far as I can tell, the Pursang Mk12 250 (model 219) was the first Pursang with reed intake. The Mk12s were first manufactured in 1978 and the 370s were model 220. The historical reference that I have implies that the 370 was also a reed intake but it's written in Spanish and I'm not certain because I don't speako de spanglisho so too mucho.

"Y se llega asi a las Mk12 Everts Replica, en 250 y 370 cc, las ultimas Pursang de relativa amplia difusion, en las que habria que destacar la incorporacion de laminas para la admision." Which I'm saying means, "Now, finally we come to the Mk12 Everts Replica with 250 and 370 cc which was the last Pursang sold in significant numbers. The motor had reed intake."

There were some Mk15 Pursangs made in 1980 but the 370 was replaced with a 420 and as I understand it, they were never sold due to Bultaco's collapse.

Top Bottom