Junkie

Jun 28, 2001
Hey folks,
My son (8) and I are new to the dirt bike thing, about 2 months new. Well we had a GREAT little place that we were going, about 10 acres of wide open Georgia clay(some trails of on the wooded parts) little jumps and a few big ones too. all groomed by bikes, go-karts, four wheelers, and even some bicycles. We could load up the bikes in the pickup and be there within 5 minutes, it was too easy I guess.
Well, yesterday afternoon when I got home from work we were both looking forward to going. Loaded up the bikes just as we have so many times before, stopped at the local gas station and filled up the bikes. Got to the little spot and found a NO TRESPASSING sign and yellow tape in the little dirt road that got us there, what a drag!! Needless to say, we were very upset. He was getting good too, and it was a great workout for me. This place was great. Folks would just show up and ride, thats it. We didnt have to go through alot of crap to go and ride, we didnt have to "plan" it, we just went whenever we felt like it.
We went back over there this afternoon and there was some folks ridding but with my luck I would get a damn ticket. Now we need to find a place to ride. We have been to Breman and Linier, I like breman the best but its about a 2 hour drive. Linier mx club is hard for me to ride. The track is realy rough and it has to many jumps. I live in Buford/Lawrenceville Ga, if anyone knows anywhere we can go to let out some two stroke smoke, PLEASE let us know. I think this is a great way to keep the kids outa trouble, plus we had alot of fun. Man whatta' drag.
Oh well, help us if you can.
I just needed to vent I guess :{

Gary B.

~SPONSOR~
Apr 17, 2000
My condolences. I know how you feel. I used to take my sons riding on my parents and their neighbor's land. Recently, the neighbors have decided to cut down most of the box elder trees that made up a small woods area. The neighbor kids had a BMX track built that also worked great for 50's and 80's. But hey! it's their land to do with as they please. I just hate to see it go. Luckily, my sons are older, have bigger bikes and demand more difficult riding areas, but it's still sad to lose ANY riding area. Good luck and don't give up looking. :(

Junkie

Jun 28, 2001
cool

Thanks High Lord dude, We've done Lenier and Breman, I liked Bremam alot, but it's an hour or better away, Lenier sucked! We went to Monroe and I gotta say, I loved it, as did my son. I could actualy do one of the doubles on the supercross track, gave me some confidence, and I need all that I can get :cool: And the fee is also doable!
Anyway, thanks for all the input you guys.
Todd
p.s. the place we used to ride is still taped off:(

Top Bottom