buying a new enduro, what do you recommend?

exenocap

Apr 20, 2007
this is my first post in the forum and it will be important to me if anybody guides me to the correct decision in buying a new :ride: . I decided to post it in this forum because it seems very "friendly" in a way to new people like me :) . You may see that I am not from the US but from Argentina so it will be a little difficult for me to try and catch up on the slang :bang: :bang: , so it will be better if you could be more simple.
Well here are the answers.

1) your physical size (both height and weight are important)
adult: 1.8 m or 5 feet 10'. 85 kg or i think 180 pounds.
2) How physical / aggressive are you ?
cant really understand this but i think Im not so aggressive (if it refers to the way i ride the bike?)
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ?????
woods, fields and mountain trails/roads.
4) Do you have any riding experience?
Yes (although not a lot in offroad)
5) Do you think you will race ?
Definately not.
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work?
Mechanically inclined
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)?
4 stroke , 250 or bigger- maybe a preferance for Yamaha as they are cheaper (because they are produced in Brazil and not as far away as Asia- also bc they more available replacements)
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry?
Yamaha & Honda.
9) How much do you plan to spend on a bike?
New is okay (tax free :nener: )
10) Do you live in California?
No
11) anything else that you think would help form an opinion

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
You said you wanted an enduro bike. I am not exactly sure that I understand the meaning.

To me, an enduro bike is one that is specific to a form of racing called enduros. The bikes are intended for long distance over many types of roads and trails. The bikes often need to have headlights and tail lights to be enduro legal, and sometimes a street legal bike is required.

They also make very nice general purpose bikes.

I would recommend a Yamaha, WR450F.

It is a MX capable bike (good suspension, high performance motor), has the headlight and taillight. In some areas it is actually possible to make this bike street legal. The electric start can save a lot of kicking, but the battery adds an extra 20 pounds or so to the bike.

Rod

exenocap

Apr 20, 2007
Yes and that was what i was looking for. If it's street legal or not it doesn't really matter although I don't really want it with mirrors and other stuff. Head lights are fine as well as brake lights. Thank you

Top Bottom