_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
If it was owned by someone who only did a few track days a year that would be about right. At 22 hours it should still look close to showroom new. Stock chain and sprockets should be in good shape. Piston rings should be changed and the valvetrain inspected every 15-20 hours.

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
I knew a guy who bought a brand new bike, parked it in his garage and NEVER rode it.

There are a lot of people who get introduced to dirt bikes, go out and buy one and then shortly discover that they don't have the time, the money, the opportunity, or simply the skill to ride.

There there are people like me, who routinely put 10 hours on a dirt bike on a weekend, at least once a month. And then there are people who ride several hours a day!

So it is impossible to say if that is a reasonable amount or not. Like Joe said, if that is true then everything on the bike should agree. I wouldn't pay extra for low hours. Sitting, unused, not getting lubricated is not necessarialy a good thing.

Rod

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Right. Clean, tight and well maintained is just as good as low hours. I bought a brand new CRF250 in 07 and had it a few years. I put an hour meter on it before I rode it for the first time. I put a total of 60 some hours on it. When I got rid of it it looked as clean as the bikes on the showroom floor, maybe even cleaner as most of the aluminum was highly polished. The kid who got it couldn't believe I rode it at all, lol. On the other side of the coin, I have known people who buy new bikes and never do anything more than hose them off every once in a while and change oil here and there. I've seen 60 hour bikes that look clapped out. Just be cautious and look it over very closely.

Top Bottom