gsheff989

Nov 18, 2001
Got a 2013 CRF 450 I am looking at. The owner says the time meter he placed on the bike new has 40 hrs. I know there is a lot to consider for a used bike, but is 40 hours a lot for a one year old bike?

Thanks.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Yes, 40 hours is pretty substantial for a single season.

Garrett11450

Jun 30, 2013
Not really!! If you ride 2+ hours for Enduro's/ Hare Scrambles, and 20-30 min MX motos a race, and ride every other weekend with your buddies 3-5 hours per outing, you'd be way over 40 hours in a season. But it all depends on how the bike was ridden, just for fun once a month or every other weekend racing/practicing. Its really not about how many hours the bike has....its about how it was taken care of. If the bike is up to your standards, and in your mind been taken care of properly i.e. oil change, air filter clean, fork oil replaced, bearing greased, chain/ sprockets in good shape.....etc. And the money is right, then I say go for it. I'm around bike's alot through racing, and weekend riding/practicing with buddies, and I can tell you that hours isn't everything. I've seen brand new bikes with 20 hrs on them be total Turds, and on the other hand seen 80+ hr bikes that look and run like Brand New! It's all about the Maintenance!!

Top Bottom