Buying an HJC Shifter.. sizing help!

NWMyers#5

Jan 23, 2004
I've decided to buy me an HJC Shifter helmet. I found a great sizing chart here but I fall right into the cross over of two sizes. I wear a 7 1/8" hat and it fits a little loose when I have my head shaved. That charts shows a 6 7/8 - 7.0 a small and 7 1/8 to 7 1/4 a medium. I would rather have a snug helmet than loose one so I am a bit undecided if I should go with small or medium. Anyone out there that falls into a similiar hat size with an HJC that could help? Wish I could just go down to the local dealer and try them on but I know they wouldn't have the color, model, size combo that I want sitting on the shelf. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
For proper fit and size measure the circumference of your head 1"
above your eyebrows around the largest portion of the back of your
head.
22"--------Small
22¾-------Medium
23½-------Large
24¼-------X-Large
25"--------XX-Large

NWMyers#5

Jan 23, 2004
Well I had a guy measure my head and it came out to 22". Still not sure if I should get a small a medium. My hat size is 7 1/8 but I know a 7 1/4 is too big and on the other end a 7 would be snug but a 6 7/8" would be too small. Hmmm

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
NWMyers#5 said:
Wish I could just go down to the local dealer and try them on but I know they wouldn't have the color, model, size combo that I want sitting on the shelf.
As long as they have HJC on the shelf you should be ok to try them for size. The size will be the same regardless of style and color. Different manufacturers sizing is different brand to brand, but HJC should run the same thru out the product line.
just my .02

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
My son's head measures 22" and he wears a small HJC. Medium is too big. I wear a 7 1/4 Bell and need a large HJC. If your head is being measured correctly, you'll need a small.

BTW, the size chart I posted above is only for HJC helmets.

NWMyers#5

Jan 23, 2004
Thanks guys I ordered the a small MXSparx there's not a whole lot of bike shops here in the Middle East..haha. I'm deployed at the moment and can't spend any money cept on the net so been going wild.. Going to be like Christmas when I get home. I have a brand new never been started 04 KX250 in my basement that I bought in the crate..Can't wait to get home!

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
That's gonna be a very cool homecoming! Keep your head down!

:)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom