bratt

Pain in da butt
Mar 22, 2002
Ok the deal is we are looking at purchasing two bikes from out of state. The question we have is how to pay without getting ripped off? The seller is willing to ship the bikes but the main hang up is how to pay and guarantee that he will ship them once he has the money? Also we want to be able to assure the seller that we are not going to rip him off either. It's a delicate situation with all the fake money order scams floating around. Has anyone here had any experience with this?

Thanks,
Gina

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
The only "real" way to do it is have an attorney hold the funds in escrow. When the bikes arrive, he/she sends the money.

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Ask a DRNer to help. What state is it?

pbajeff

Nov 18, 2002
I have made 3-4 transactions like this in the last year. We used escrow.com every time and have been very satisfied.
Go to their website and give it a look. A lot cheaper than getting a dang lawyer involved.

bratt

Pain in da butt
Mar 22, 2002
Thanks everyone I'll let you know how it goes.

Flying Scot

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 13, 2002
Hey G! How's your Aussie ?

Okay the first bike I bought from Seattle spankin' new KX250.

The 2nd you saw was 1 year old KTM 250 EXC RFS from a guy in San Fransisco.

Both were No sells on an auction site ( to remain nameless ). Aftert a few E-Mails the deals were done. Both gents, one took Credit Card the other Money Order, were stand up and decent. So much so that I still talk to the first on e-mail and the 2nd on my cell phone.

Believe in the fact that most people in the world are decent and when dealing in bikes they represent themselves. They would not state a condition if it was not so and would not really overprice a bike unless it was worth it.

Believe in people and remember that after a few correspondance you can probably read the intent.

Hey if I ever get burned ( just bought an electric babeque grill for my brother in law for Christmas - he told someone that is what he wanted ), I deserve it. Bought lots over the web and all was good.

Good Luck with my 2c

Alasdair

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom