Jan 3, 2007
whenfoxforks-ruled, i take it Greg must be good then? Just looking for a good dealer because lots of the un-seen dealers here seem to rip you off left and right.

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
The last 5 dirt bikes, 1 street bike and 1 utility quad I have had have come from Service. I am in Dallas, them in Indiana. I call Gregg or Rob and within a week I have a new bike delivered. Sure I have to put the front wheel on but then again I am saving a tremendous amount of money, even after shipping cost.

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
As of a couple years ago Service was the number one OEM parts distributer in the country. I can only assume they still are.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
I live in SC and bought a CRF450 from them in 2003. It was easy to deal with and great service.

Now that they do Yamaha parts as well I will be buying from them exclusively for all my OEM needs.

Ivan

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
because lots of the un-seen dealers here seem to rip you off left and right.
Not sure what that means? I assume you didn't actually mean dealers on DRN?

Last 3 bikes from Service Honda...
Good people.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I currently have 3 Honda's in the trailer. Two I bought used and built up from bare frames all the parts (OEM & aftermarket) came from Service. The other bike came from Service gently used (in almost new condition) and the local rip-off shop couldn't (really WOULDN'T) even compete.

Service is the real deal! Real dealership in giant retail space with big shop and real people to sell you bikes, parts and make repairs not to mention build cool things like the CR500AF/AFX and the latest KX500AF creation.

Last edited:

Convert

Apr 21, 2007
Bad News

2 Strokes For Life......

I have some bad news for you.....I actually looked at purchasing an 08 CRF450R from Service Honda and having it shipped up to Alberta. I emailed them to get some info on making the transaction, the response I received was, and I quote.......

"We can only ship the special Service Honda model like the 500AF and KX500AF. regular production models must be purchased in person."

Needless to say I was fairly bummed out considering the price they sell for. I even went so far as to check the driving distance to and from where I live to their shop. 4000+ kms :( In the end it's a no go for me.

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
Actually it's an understanable Honda franchise *thing*

We can only ship the models that I make,

not Honda specific models.

Most car and motorcycle ,well in fact most any franchise type business ?
has such sales restrictions and guidelines defined in the franchise agreement.
(its a franchise for a *given area* or location ,
so is regulated in how many dealerships can be in the area, how close they are together,
and so also of course includes restrictions on sales of units outside of that area )

Variuos corporate policies can and do change,
but the actual franchise agreements are set in stone,and strictly inforced on units sales.

While we cannot ship Honda motorcycle or ATV's models,
They must be picked up in person.

That does not effect the Honda/Yamaha/Kawasaki OEM parts department ,
sales or shipping are nationwide.

May 10, 2007
oldguy said:
So just order all the parts and ask them to put them together before they ship :nod:

oo thats a good idea.

darn though i cant order from service honda. that was one of my other ideas for new bikes cuz the prices destroy the local dealer.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
I really doubt someone is going to discuss in detail something that could cost them their franchise agreement on an open forum, spend the dime on a phone call.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Check out their site to see what bikes the build. Also search around here for CR500AF / CR500AFX / Junior / KX500AF and you'll get the idea. Bottom line? Big engine in lightweight chassis.

Jan 3, 2007
Patman, yeah i know what they make for custums and i like them but the price although it is fair for the amount of work that is done to each bike.

Chili, Its actualy $0.35 for a phone call on a payphone. I get the point thanks!!!

Top Bottom