Buying used stuff from people.

I wanted to post this in the sales forum but i cant so move it wherever you think it should be.

I've been thinking about buying stuff from you guys but i wonder how the trade will go safe. We dont really have a safe system to ship things where i live, the closest you can come is to pay for the item when it arrice at the local post office but it can still be a stone or broken or whatever.

So i wonder if there is a better system in the USA or anywhere else.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
The only better system we have is the goodness of the people you generally get to deal with on DRN. I have bought and sold a few things with members here with no problem. Others have not been as lucky. As a general rule if the person is a regular it's a pretty safe bet. That's about the best assurance I can give ya'.

KiwiBird

Lifetime Sponsor
If you are thinking of purchasing something post something asking for people's opinion on the person you are going to buy from.

bclapham

Lifetime Sponsor
just dont buy anything from kiwibird. he is a known troube maker and everything he has for sale, he has already broken!:)

KiwiBird

Lifetime Sponsor
Bruce - you spelt "trouble" wrong, otherwise you are probably correct. :laugh:

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Pyro, I've ended up buying some stuff from people on here (the two times I can remember it's been Australians) & had no problems. The first time was pretty horrible, as it took over 2 months to turn up (plane trip is about 4 hours, I think) - but that was the post office's fault. I have since started getting anything delivered to my work.

Both those people were honest about the condition of the goods. They either sent me or offered photos so I could judge for myself.

I would rather buy from folks from here than from the auction place we're not allowed to mention - you can ask what a person is like to deal with & interact with them & as a lot of the folk go riding together, any problems you can call for help from other DRN members.

I guess I'm just trying to say, sometimes you have to take a chance & not let cynicism/mistrust rule your life. As Patman says, if they're a regular it's usually a pretty safe bet. I couldn't think of a "safe" way of doing things, so I just decided it's a case of trust - either mutual or one-sided, till proven otherwise.
Hope that helps some