Moshi

Nov 7, 2005
Hi

I am looking to get an mx bike for weekend track riding with friends. I cant afford to get a new bike but will have to go for 2004 250 2t or 2003 250 or 450 4T (or older). Ideally I would like to get a 4T because i find them much easier to ride and imagine i will learn faster on one but i am concerned that (as i will have to get a secondhand bike 2004 or older) these will be expensive and a lot of work to maintain. Although i havent worked on mx 4t engines yet, i am fairly confident that with a little time i´ll be able to do most work on the bike myself.

My question is essentially this : given that i have to get an older bike, what sort of troubles should i expect with a 4t? Would i be better off with a 2t?

1) your physical size : 72kg, 175cm
2) How physical / aggressive are you ? pretty aggressive
3) what do you plan to ride : mostly track, possibly a little enduro
4) Do you have any riding experience? lots of offroad adventure travel and have messed around on a cr250r on and off track for about 1/2 a year.
5) Do you think you will race ? Maybe
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work? Yes - i´ll be doing my own bike work
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)? Not really - I like both, but find 4t much easier to ride.
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry? yes - all bigger brands
9) How much do you plan to spend on a bike? enough to get me a 2004 250 2t or 2003 250 or 250 4T here in Norway.
10) Do you live in California? no
11) anything else that you think would help form an opinion

Top Bottom