FlyinRyan

~SPONSOR~
Mar 19, 2001
This weekend is the Forest City Riders enduro that was recheduled from the spring. I got word today that we have about 60 ground miles, all one loop, and is looking to be really good.

Details:

Keytime 10:00am
Sign-up starts around 7:00am (don't forget time change this weekend)
Entry fee $30.00
18mph average
Gas is a remote site, but we will have a gas truck
Paying points for District 16, 17, and 22
Must be an AMA member and a District member
Must have Lights mounted
No riders under 16 years old
Free camping at our club grounds, no hookups

Any more info please post here or email Forestcityriders@hotmail.com.

I can send a flyer and a map to our clubgrounds.

Hope to see everyone there.

nate_z

Sep 2, 2001
Are we going to be going through a tech inspection prior to the start of the race? If so will we also need spark arrestor, license plate, horn and mirror. Thanks!

skadamo

Mar 27, 2002
Can I mount a 12w halgen battery powered light designed for mountianbiking and pass inspection? I would like to ride my MX bike in the Enduro.

barkbuster67

Nov 6, 2002
nate, you should probably go through tech inspection. i hear they also check to see if the tranny oil is fresh and filled to the right amount, and that you have working brakes. (don't pick on magoo, that's my job)

nate_z

Sep 2, 2001
I was hoping we don't have a tech inspection so I can run my super-short pro circuit silencer, take my brake pedal off (so it doesn't snag on anything) and run the same tranny oil I ran in Upland. Just kidding. My bike will be ready at the start. I just can't help stupid integrated rear master cylinder/resevoir brakes. KTM's efforts to keep MXA happy are hindering their bikes....look at what everyone is doing to their '04's. I've had the problem on my '03 all year. I'm used to riding without back brakes. barkbuster66, do I know you???

Weld it

~SPONSOR~
Feb 19, 2001
Ryan,

Working headlight ? or just a headlight ? Do you have a idea of how much road mileage there is going to be?

Thanks Weld it

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
Ryan, please send map. I love your guy's enduro. Hopefully I get the go from the boss (wife) :)
Isn't there another one scheduled at BYRON for this year or is this it?

As to the light questions...well, I don't think anyone is going to tell you what you want to hear (no lights), but I do know that if you make an effort to put lights on your ride, you'll most likely be ok.....read: "we just need to see lights mounted ...."
Tranny Oil....you mean you can actually change that?

Bish

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
Try to look legal and you won't have a problem. A non-working headlight is probably better than a flashlight taped to your number plate if you know what I mean. If you look legit, nobody will question it.

FlyinRyan

~SPONSOR~
Mar 19, 2001
We have around 62 ground miles and about 10 miles of road. Most of the road is gravel but we had to run a paved road for a mile or so due to land being up for sale.

Wolf can you send me your email again, I can't seem to find it, sorry.

Lights mounted, if they work or not is your responibility. If bikes look legal it helps us and any IL enduro club out. Looking legal gives people nothing to complain about, MX bikes on the road and people complain.

No lights mounted = No Start, Flashlight taped to front fender = no start

Sorry but that's how it has to be.

Layton

~SPONSOR~
Aug 2, 2000
Now I know how to win. I go through the pits and steal the headlight off all of the bikes in the SS class. ;)

Ryan, Lets just hope the weather holds and we don't get much rain.

barkbuster67

Nov 6, 2002
nate-z, of course you know me. i'm the newest member to the "A" class. i'll be the "A" class sweep rider next year for you and JD. any parts you want me to carry will cost ya. ask magoo who i am. maybe i'll see ya in byron or goushon.

FlyinRyan

~SPONSOR~
Mar 19, 2001
Looks like we are running. I was out yesterday and it looks great. We got some rain last night and it should keep all the dust down. The forecast is for sunny and cold both today and tomorrow.

See everyone there, don't forget to turn your clocks back.

hoosierf

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 6, 2001
Ryan:

Thanks for a great event. I'll ride it again next year. There were some nasty log sections. From my perspective the event went very smoothly. The course was well marked and the checks were really well hidden. Thanks for your efforts.

Layton

~SPONSOR~
Aug 2, 2000
Good event guys. I liked your check and ob placement. :thumb:

You could invest in a chain saw though. I thought for a while I was riding in the Fenton area. ;)

Motorhome Wrecks! :scream: Got your attention didn't I.

There was a BIG motorhome at the event with MI plates and a small trailer. As it was going out the gate it scraped against a flatbed trailer and tore about a three foot gash in the right side of the motorhome. I don't think the driver of the motorhome even knew they clipped the trailer. I only mention this because the motorhome owner is probably wondering who the heck hit the motorhome when in effect they did it to themselves. :(

I didn't look close at the trailer that got hit but I think it mainly got the right rear lights tore off it. Not good either but not nearly as expensive as the damage to the motorhome.

FlyinRyan

~SPONSOR~
Mar 19, 2001
Thanks to everyone that came. I'm glad it appeared to come off smoothly, it did, it just always seems like everything is so hectic in the morning trying to make sure all check crews are set and many other things.

I was happy with the checl placement also, we did a couple of things different this year and it seemed to work out well.

Maybe next year we can find that chainsaw, but it always seems to get lost!

Layton, thanks for the info on the motorhome, I believe that was Nick Zambon from the UP of Michigan. Hopefully he'll read this and know it wasn't another rider or the club. That is a nice motorhome, I hope it didn't do any unrepairable damage.

Top Bottom