C&C How to Carry Semi-Pro Gear Deep Woods

MACE

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 13, 1999
I'm shooting some pictures for Trail Rider magazine now. I've been using a Canon pocket camera and it drives me absolutely batty with it's Russian Roulette shutter trip lag. I decided I needed an upgrade.

Well, I bought the Nikon D80 and a Nikon 18-200mm F/3.5-5.6G VR Lens with a SB-800 flash yesterday.

How should I carry this rig out on the trail? I need something that will work in all weather and will have a fighting chance to not disintegrate in a crash - or going over whoops.

I know there is probably no practical fool proof carry system - I'm looking for the best compromise.

If we get good discussion here, maybe this could be edited down and stickied. :cool:

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Id likely try to carry it in a Lowepro Slingshot 200 AW bag ( http://www.lowepro.com/Products/Sling_Bags/Designed_for_Digital/SlingShot_200_AW.aspx ) or similar. This is what I use as my carry around camera bag and it's great for toting as well as simply slinging it around to the front and very quickly you are ready to shoot without having to remove the bag. Overall I'd really recommend you avoid crashing though :eek:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Chili said:
Id likely try to carry it in a Lowepro Slingshot 200 AW bag (

I'll second that. I use a 100 & 200 AW for carrying my gear when I'm on my mountain bike. Great bag that is easy to use without removing the bag, and it has a built in rain cover.

Top Bottom