Dave Wood

~SPONSOR~
Aug 8, 2000
The next class on September 8th and 9th filled up quickly, ten rider limit. I have scheduled another class on September 22 & 23. This session is filling up quickly as well, with only five spots left.

I would like to thank all the riders who have taken my classes. I am really glad that so many of you have seen improvement in your riding. Thanks for spreading the word about the classes. For me, seeing riders of all skill levels find new techniques, which helps them to ride faster, safer and use less energy really makes it all worthwhile.

The class is intended for riders who like to ride Enduros and or Cross Country events. Riders who enjoy riding technical and challenging trails. The class is designed to teach you drills and techniques that will allow you to ride faster, safer and use less energy. Saturday is teaching, drills and practice. Sunday I lead you on a guided trail ride. The September 22 & 23 class will be at Downieville. The cost is $100.00. To enter, send a check to; Dave Wood, PO Box 815, Chicago Park CA 95712. When you repeat a class, it is $75.00, which nearly 1/3 do take a second or third class!

I have had several requests to do a course where the trails are not as technical and challenging. I plan to put a less challenging class on in December or January. If you have interest in such a class, please let me know.

I will not be available Sept. 13-19, I am forced to go back to Idaho and explore new trails and areas I have not yet ridden. I continue to look for the absolute best trail in the world. I have ridden many great trails. I pledge that I will not stop riding until I have found the very elusive trail that can earn the title of the very best. In addition I need to practice for the next class. Any excuse to go ride works for me!

You can read what riders have said about my classes, by searching DRN for "Downieville", "Silver Lake" or "Elkins Flat".

Dave Wood
AMA Charter Life member
D36
Blue Ribbon Coalition
High Sierra MC

Dave Wood

~SPONSOR~
Aug 8, 2000
I have not really thought about taken the class on the road. I have tried to keep the cost to a minimum. I'll keep an open mind to the idea, let's see if there is other riders interested.

Dave Wood

I do come down to ride Baja in January, perhaps two days south of the border? This option does not really make it much closerto home, however.

EM rider

Apr 27, 2001
Actually, I was thinking of going to Baja the weekend of 18-20 January so that might work. A few other riders are also going and we could all benefit from some good instruction. What dates did you have in mind and will it be a formal class like the one you're doing next month?

Dave Wood

~SPONSOR~
Aug 8, 2000
I was planning on attending the San Diego Supercross. Ride several days before or after the Supercross, depending on the weather. Rain is GOOD.

Day 1 would be the full deal, teaching skills, drills and techniques. Out all day.
Day 2 would be the optional trail ride.

It does not have to be San Diego Supercross weekend. Christmas thru New Years could work? I just want to attend a Supercross, Anaheim could work as well. Its just that a Saturday-Sunday ride does not work well if you want to enjoy the Supercross.

Lets see if there is enough interest? Check with your friends, I am open to the idea.

Dave Wood

Dave Wood

~SPONSOR~
Aug 8, 2000
Update; One spot is now available for the September 8th and 9th class at Downieville.

Only two spots remain for the September 22 & 23 class. FYI the US Speedway National Championship race will be Friday, September 21, in Auburn, CA. See the Speedway race on Friday, on your way to Downieville. more on speedway;www.fastfridays.com

For those of you interested in a less challenging class, it is going to happen the first or second weekend in December? I'll post the details in October.

Dave Wood

Last edited:

Dave Wood

~SPONSOR~
Aug 8, 2000
The Sept. 22 & 23 class is full.

One spot has opened for this weekends class at Downieville on Sept. 8 & 9th.

Fortunately my new 02 CR250 showed up early, just in time for this weekends class. I was not looking forward to riding my mountian bike!

I look forward to riding with you!

Sincerely,
Dave Wood

Mark September 29th on your calender, there will be a USFS volunteer trail repair day at Downieville, for those of us who love riding there, I encourage you to come on up and help. We will be working on the "Chimney Rock" trail.

Dave Wood

~SPONSOR~
Aug 8, 2000
The Nevada County Woods Riders are hosting a dual sport event on September 29. The dual sport ride will not be using Chimney Rock trail. I am sure some NCWR will be helping with trail repair. The NCWR are a great club.

I am a member of High Sierra MC, not the NCWR.

Dave Wood

Top Bottom