CA or West Coast - 2 riders needed 'DirtWeek01'

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
I am doing everything in my power to attend DirtWeek01 in Illinois. I have secured the use of a camper trailer and plan to pull it with my truck (leaving from Santa Barbara CA). I have to have a couple of people who want to ride with me and share the driving responsibilities and fuel costs. Currently I am hoping to leave either Sept 16th or 17th and be back on Sept 23rd or 24th but I can be somewhat flexible on that. If you are interested in going to the best DRN group ride ever - post here or e-mail me ASAP!

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
Whats one week?

Im sure the Super Slushy machine will be fine without you.......:confused:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
TTRGuy.

That sounds like a lot of fun. You are not taking that little Chatty Cathy, (GSR) with you are you?;) Oh-my-Gawd, that's going to be a loooooong trip.

Really do hope to make the DirtWeek one of these years. Won't be this one due to excessive amounts of work in the shop. Thats a good thing, I guess.:(

Say hi to everyone and have a blast.

EXCman. They are not letting LT operate the Super Slushy machine anymore, found out he wasn't qualified.:confused:

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Originally posted by Ol'89r
You are not taking that little Chatty Cathy, (GSR) with you are you?;) Oh-my-Gawd, that's going to be a loooooong trip.

Chatty Cathy?? Just ask Kiwi and AJ what a chatty cathy I am on the road before noon! ;)

No, I won't be going on the road to this lil' shin dig. I'm flying! :) Excessive time on the road turns into delirium. You can ask Kiwi and AJ about that too. :p

But I won't be going any where if we can't find 2 poor shmucks to go!!! :(
I think MXbundy is in but can't be sure until he comes back next week.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Such a deal I have for you

Just swing a bit north to Wis and pickup my wife then I can take the dogs in my truck (in peace and quiet);) .
Comeon guys this is a onetime chance for all you guys that have been bellyaching about no vehicle or place to sleep, to get to DW01
And besides where else you going to get the chance to have GSR tuck you in at night:p

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
No, no, no.....I got the pants.......But she got the money and the house. :think

I'm the best man (if you can believe that) in a wedding on that weekend.

I guess I'll have to wait till next year when it is closer to the WEST COAST!

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Aweome FarmerJohn! Now if I can just get in contact with MxBundy to determine his status. I will be pulling the camper back to our place this Sunday so I will know how its going to pull and can start planning for loading.

mxbundy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 16, 2001
Hemet, CA.
Hey ,I`m Back.

Sorry, didnt mean to leave you hanging, just got back from my W. Virginny trip today.

I still am thinking very hard on this, but I am so backed up on my work, i dont know if I can take off another week so soon.
Tell you what, let me talk it over with my better half tonight and I will pm you on the decision.
What about the Hare Scramble? If I go I will need a partner to kick some but with, any takers?

later mxbundy

ps, TTR pm me with your phone # .

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
Hey Ed, I am wanting to go and I understand that you are coming through here on your way up. Any chance of me taking a spot?

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Lorin - As it stands now there will be 3 people in my truck with 4 bikes. I will be pulling a 16ft toybox. MxBundy is on the fence right now whether he can go for sure or not. If he doesn't go then we can pick you up in OKC. I hope to know before the week is out whether he is going to make it or not. Even if he does go I believe that you may be able to hitch a ride with Thump. We are planning on meeting him in OKC. Probably be around 1:00 pm Monday. Give Thump a shout and keep tuned into this thread - I will post as soon as I know for sure. E-Mail me if you want.

angry jim

Sponsoring Member
Aug 4, 2000
What you guys should do, is go to the WORCS ofrroad race in Vegas on the 15th of september. www.worcsracing.com

I was thinking of doing that race myself. I also took the following week off work and was thinking of doing a road trip. I don't know if I would want to drive that far though. Sounds like you got a full load. What kind of truck do you have to haul all that.

How long to drive to the spodefest from California?

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
We are planning on it taking about 36 hours to drive. The current plan is to pull a tailer with my Toyota Tundra - picking up the trailer this weekend and will be doing a test coming back with 2 bikes so I should have some idea how it'll pull.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
TTRGuy, Justql and I have made arrangements for Lorin to travel with us. It will be good to see you again. Have a safe trip.

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
Things working out

Hmmmm....BSWIFT is picking up Lorin....
It's TTRGuy, Billywho, MXBundy & myself in a truck for 36 hours straight.
Just put a new top end,foot pegs, handle bars, grips, clutch, clutch cable, throttle cable, f&r brakes, f&r tires, on the CR, heck I may even get some decent looking plastic for it.....nah.

mxbundy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 16, 2001
Hemet, CA.
Sorry guys....

Well, just got off the phone with TTRGuy and I had to break the bad news. I guess it seems the old Bunster wont be able to make it. Work is just to busy to leave right now, plus my B-day is on the 22nd. It seems that my wife had planned a adults only river trip to celabrate and she has already invited all my friends (2?).
So to Billy and farmer john , I was looking forward to meeting you both. Man this would have been fun.

I better go before I cry............:(

later
mxbundy

Top Bottom