2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
Help - Woodsy!! Can you get Kold Kutters yet (ref the "riding season over" thread)?

Who carries these? Should I check with, gasp, my local bike dealer? The price you mentioned sounds fantastic. If I can get you to ship 'em to me, I'll send ya a check (send me an email jvalley@mac.com).

Anyone have other ideas? I figure on trying screws out this year. We had so little snow in recent years, but there's that darn ice on the trails.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Hi 2trackr!!! I am with you on the cabin fever - see my new post about "lunch break"... You betcha on the Kold Kutters!! I can get them .375, .500 and .625 at $16 per 250. .75 and 1.00 are $18.50 per 250 plus uncle Sams 6%. If I cant get over $100 for an order I have to pay shipping on them to me and then pay shipping again over to you (unless you wanna pickem up). I got a tip from another MTRer that Shawmut in GR was selling them over the counter for $40 @ 1000 but my nephew and I went there today and couldnt make that happen.... Their prices were WAY high (($30 per 250) - maybe I got the wrong dealer from Outlaw - I am going to go to another thread and ask him... Anyway, if you/anybody is interested let me know and I will do what I can!!! My E-Mail is Scbarnhard@aol.com. - anyone interseted e-mail me and I will let everyone who does know if we can get over that $100 mark!!
Woodsy

OutlawXR4

Sep 30, 2003
The 1000 for $40 was for me, as in I get discount, hehe, I'm special, I know the price in the UP book was the same as what you said maybe they're jacking the price a little.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Oh you lucky Outlaw you!!! I expect to see those tires of your totally screwed out (like 1000 in each tire) for that kinda money Kyle!!!! Frickin xr400 is going to be UNSTOPABLE!!!!!!!!!

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Interesting....I just came from Shawmut and they had no clue about Kold Kutters!!

I did see the new CRF250R there - what a gorgeous bike! If the woods bike motor gets good reviews, and they don't cheapen the suspension, it should be worth looking at. The bike is super narrow - it makes the new Suzuki and YZ250F look fat in comparison.

Woodsy, what's the snow condition like at Cedar? I can put my kutter tires on, but Andy will have to go bare naked - we waited too long to find kutters, now everyone is closed (darn kid doesn't wake up until 2pm...).

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
HI Mark: I was over there yesterday myself!! Yea, I checked that new CRF over yesterday while I was there too.. What a sweet piece of equipment - sure is light!!! I also had a chance to see that new Rune ($27,000) and the new 2 seater (side by side) Ski-Doo Elite ($18,000), did you see them?? My nephew and I went over to get some screws but also found out that they had to order them and were higher priced then we thought.. Apparently Outlaw has "connection" is why he can get them cheaper... I was going to slip over to Cedar today but have not had a second to spare. We still have "spotty snow" and it is the hard crunchy stuff that will make the trail very iffy.. Plus the ground is solid so I am sure what we have is staying.. I cant imagine there being to much difference in ice then last weekend so if you can avoid the snow spots it should be another great ride!!
May see you guys there!!
Woodsy

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Thanks Woodsy. Last weekend was actually some of the BEST riding I've had in a long time - not just on Cedar, but anywhere, it was that good. So, it should be good except for snow spots tomorrow.

My nephew is playing hockey in Holland, so I'll probably go watch that game with the bikes in the truck, then head to Cedar, around 2pm. Maybe I'll see you there.

I saw the Rune also, nice bike but TOO MUCH MOOLA. I saw the Yamaha FJR1300 also, that's more of what I'm looking at for next year - or a Road King.... going out to the barn to put my grip heaters on!

2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
As I emailed Woodsy, I found Kold Kutters at the local dealer (Linwood Cycle) and picked myself up a few boxes. Price wasn't bad - $17.99/box of 250. That was for 3/8" not sure what they have left and/or other sizes. Said if I wanted a box of 1000 they would have to order, but would have them by Tuesday.
Just gotta wheel the blue bike into the shed and start screwin'.

OutlawXR4

Sep 30, 2003
May head out sunday to Cedar, got a friend that wants to go ride so maybe I'll see you there Mark, I'll be screw less, budgets been kinda tight lately. Probably gonna tear my bike apart this winter, wanna paint the frame and go through some stuff, hopefully I'll be able to go play on my buddies lake at least once or twice this winter just for the heck of it.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Got a little more snow over night guys!! Be careful out there!!!!!

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
I ended up not making it. Andy over-slept while I was at a hockey game. I may go after some more med testing tomorrow if I don't feel too bad, it's supposed to be a little warmer anyway.

2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
And the saga continues.. Changed out the lowering link on the TT-R to un-wifeyfi it and then proceeded to stuff in 550 screws between the front and rear knobs. Only spent 15 minutes or so blazing around my property.
WOW! These are freaking awesome! Can't wait to get on the trails this weekend and see how they do in the world.
Looking to hit Gladwin loop on Tuesday if the weather isn't as bad as they are predicting (scout trail and maybe run the loop too); next weekend I hope to hit Leota and run the west half.

Top Bottom