dingoe

Feb 13, 2003
Just checking, Haven't been there in awhile and was wondering whats going on. Saturdays still open, Sundays club ride only I'd assume. Whats the track like now?

thanks Ed

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
now its cooling off and they can keep the dust down they are opening saturdays again- i have raced there a few times of late and its real fun- they are constantly altering the layout also so it keeps you on your toes- i am probably going out there next weekend 7th dec i think to do some bike setup but the carlsbad GP is on the next week.

Tony Williams

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2000
Saturday, Dec 27, is the Riverside Old Timer's MX @ Cahuilla, a 6 mile GP course.

I intend to ride semi-regularly through Jan 1.

I wanted to ride at Glen Helen today, Nov 30, but since I hadn't even been on the bike since April, I decided to ride with my 14 year old at Phelan (oh, he just got a new YZ450F; 2002 YZ125 for sale).

I should have my 3 year old out soon, on his new PW50.

dingoe

Feb 13, 2003
Thanks for the info guys. On the note of kids, did they finish the kids track and if so how is it. I'll be at a enduro and will miss the Carlsbad, but the ROT-MX GP sounds good. May be I'll make that one, it's just tough with the D37 races and all.

Thanks Ed

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Originally posted by Tony Williams
I decided to ride with my 14 year old at Phelan (oh, he just got a new YZ450F

Uh-huh. ;)

So what's the vertict - is the 450 a huge advance over the 400?

Tony Williams

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2000
Originally posted by holeshot
So what's the vertict - is the 450 a huge advance over the 400?

No, it's not. And to read all the magazines, you'd think that the YZ450F was some untamed, wild beast. if the CRF450 is really less than the YZ, I'm not interested.

Heck, the YZ450 is lighter; no question. And, it makes a few more H.P. than the 400. Am I gunna race out and buy one? Maybe, for the weight. But, then I'd have to set up the suspension, jetting, bars, seat, off-road tank, chains / sprockets, and all the other little things that I like on my bike.

I still haven't replaced rings / pistions / clutch on the Yz400. It's starting to blow quite a bit out the breather! Makes good power, though.

Top Bottom