dirtjunkie

~SPONSOR~
Mar 1, 2001
3rd annual Spook N Spank Ghost Town haunt the weekend of the 24, 25 & 26th. This is a fun trip we did last few years and decided to make it an annual event. We camp one canyon east of Calico right off Ghost Town Road. Should be a nice size group, families included. Saturday night usually we walk in to Calico and get real scared, cuz my trail rides never scare anyone! The people that stay in the State Park below Calico go nuts with the Halloween decorations.
Directions: Hwy 15 east past Barstow maybe 15 minutes take Ghost Town Road exit, head north towards the mountains (during daylight you'll see Calico written on the mountain)
Go past the State Park entrance about a 1/4 mile to the first dirt road heading into the canyon.
We'll be in that general area, with signs saying Spook N Spank.
See ya there unless your SCARED...

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Wish I could make it Chris but I'll be at Honey Lake for the last WORCS race of the series. I think I might make it to Jawbone for thank-n-spank.

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Sounds like fun. Ill have to hit up the wife and kids and see if their interested. Thanks fpr the info. Whats the cost for the camp and entering Calico?

dirtjunkie

~SPONSOR~
Mar 1, 2001
Hey Boodac, I don't know what it costs to stay in the offical camp grounds just below the ghost town itself. Probably the normal $15.00 a night. We stay the next canyon east which is wide open BLM Land. a short 15 minute walk and we're in the Ghost Town. You wouldn't be able to ride from the offical camp grounds either.
hope this helps...

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Are there any events such as Poker Runs, etc. at Calico? I was planning on going to the Dago poker run in Cal City this weekend, but Calico looks closer. Any links?

Last edited:

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
A little late to post this, but - there's a poker run (Saturday?) near the Slash X, which we plan on attending. We may make it to Calico saturday evening as well (not sure).

dirtjunkie

~SPONSOR~
Mar 1, 2001
Okay who was it that fell for the trick??? Not a trick we were there you talked to someone at our camp but they didn't know anyone else was coming.
I didn't either or I would have put up signs. I was so bummed out when I heard someone was looking for us while we were out thinning the pack. Saturday we started the afternoon fun loop with 10 guys and came back with only 2.
Sorry was missed you, we'll probably go out in a few weeeks to the Jawbone area. Hope you had a good weekend anyway.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
We went to the Poker Run near the Slash-X (great fun) and after that, we went near Calico and looked for the "Spook-and-Spank" signs and found none. We found some neat caves though. After that, we went into the Calico Ghost Town itself, and was surprised at all the entertainment/shops there. It was another great time - thanks for the tip. :thumb:

Top Bottom