Calif. Desert soils Report ( lost by BLM )

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Interesting article in the CORVA newsletter, it seems that a report was done in 1973 by Edward S. Babcock & Sons and Gallaher & Bovey, Geo-Techs in Riverside,Ca. Here is a small,vary small portion of what the report said:

a. " From a geologic viewpoint, the physical effects of the ORV use on the desert are negligible"

b. " The sand dune are essentially in constant motion and vehicle tracks have a life expectancy of only a few days"

c. " Natural processes of wind and water erosion have a more pronounced effect.

d. " From a soils eng. stand point, the poorly sorted sands of the dune area showed the greatest resistance to ORVs"

There's a lot more but my typing finger needs a break, but I thought this was vary interesting, to have such a positive report like this disappear and nobody, ie: BLM, CDDO and the Library of Congress can locate it....Hmmmmm makes you :think

JPIVEY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
The article is two pages long, I don't know if Okie would allow that

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
...of course they "lost" the report. Better yet, they deny it: A few years ago, I had called all over the state to get copy, only to be told (by each & every one) "...don't know of such-and-such report":think

JPIVEY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Well now they admit ( by their actions ) that it did or does exist and they will notify CORVA when it's located. ( yeah right )

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
Originally posted by JPIVEY
Well now they admit (by their actions) that it did or does exist and they will notify CORVA when it's located. ( yeah right )

Yeah, right, like "ppphhhhttt!" It would be self-incriminating to find it (the way the greens been strong-arming them into and they've been willing to use east Germany tactics.) Think they'll take the 5th?

I sent an e-mail to Babcock, asking if copies of the report can be purchased by the public (thanks for the lead).

JPIVEY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Here's another good lead, Mr. Doran Sanchez @ California Desert Distrct Office. # 909.697.5220 maybe he'll get tired of the phone calls and get off his duff.

JPIVEY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
J- bones, I will do my best to type it verbatum and "E" it to ya. I also E mailed the VP for CORVA and asked him to post it on there site for all to see.

JPIVEY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
I scanned this article and can E mail it to anyone who is interested in reading it.

CORVA was trying to insert it on there web site,but I haven't seen it yet,it's interesting

JPIVEY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
I need your E mail addy, there is no way to attach this file though DRN

Top Bottom