gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
OK, it's time to start maintenance on my ever aging body. Nothing radical or extreme. I'm not in horrible condition. Maybe 20 lbs overweight. (5"9" & 175 lbs.) But I'm desk bound all day at work and wifey cooks too much and stocks up on goodies for the kids. So......

I'm starting a calisthenics routine for the morning. Here's what I'm doing now:

Jumping jacks
Wind mills
Crunches
Push ups
Squat jumps

Anything else to consider?

What about when I'm sitting at my desk?

And yes, I'm watching my diet as well.

B

biglou

If you can swing it, there's nothing like a brisk morning run. I'm on the road at 0400 in the morning for my 20-30 minute slog. Gets the blood pumping and the sweat flowing. Plus, it really gets you firing on all cylinders for the day. Rarely do I feel that morning funk anymore. It does wonders for my disposition, too.

Erick82

~SPONSOR~
Aug 30, 2002
I would ditch the windmills and jumping jacks, waiste of time. Pushups, pulls ups, crunches and jump squats are ok. I would recommend including stretching and running or walking into this routine. Also, if you can get some dumbbells you can get a real good total body work out with just them.

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
I do the jumping jacks and windmills for warm up and stretching. I do some other various stretches too. The windmills do a decent job of strengthening my lower back. My sciatic (sp?) nerve seems to like them as well.

Ya, I know running is good, but I really hate it. Now bicycling I could handle. I like to have wheels under my butt. Unfortunately, my MTB disintigrated after a trip to the Bonneville Salt Flats. Maybe Santa could bring me a new one.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
At work, I keep a stretch band tied to my filing cabinet. When I'm on conference calls I usually work my shoulders and arms. I got the band from my physical therapist when I tore my rotator cuff. You can also get the cool kind with handles at WalMart or a sporting goods store.

Erick82

~SPONSOR~
Aug 30, 2002
I hate running two, I ride mountain bikes and started riding BMX during the season. It seems to be a good training tool, if you don't have enough time to ride or place to ride MX during the week.

Top Bottom