CR_Dave

Sponsoring Member
Mar 3, 2000
I apparently tore my right bicep muscle according to the doctor. There are 2 places it attaches above the arm. They think I ruptured the connection that goes above the shoulder.

My bicep is now low and looks pretty darn big all balled up like it is. No pain, but it does not look right. Doctor suggests I do nothing since the fix is only cosmetic.

I forgot to ask questions about regaining full strength. I seem to have most of my strength though. I always forget to ask questions after I ask the doctor if I can keep riding. Once he says YES, no more questions.

He thinks the bicep ruptured because the arm was hyper-extended at the elbow during a fall. There is a lot of pain at the elbow -- tendonitis.

Any thoughts or experience with this?

Big Tuna

Nov 29, 2000
You will probablly notice some loss in strength in your arm, especially in certain positions, but for the most part your other muscles should compensate.
I'm not a doctor, and I don't know the extent of your injury, but from past experience (achilles) and talking to PT guy I'm not sure if reattatchment would "only" be cosmetic, especially in this day and age, maybe get a second opinion. Also I think you only have a short window of time between the time of the tear, and the time it takes for the tendon to migrate away and atrophy to occur.

Looks like the body-building career is going to have to be put on the back burner for a while eh. :|
Good Luck

Last edited:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom