topp

Mar 21, 2009
This thread is for riders who live in and around Pittsburgh and are looking to ride at some of the different pay to ride areas and some of the local areas like:

finnlyville bowl
glassport & clairton dumps
behind allegheny airport
makees rocks
40 acres
mars&cranberry
new eagle dumps
isabella dumps
la belle/maxwell
peters pond

these are potentional ticket areas, but as long as we are not disturbing anyone or any naborhood and your bike has a spark arrester i think its total BS that the cops care that we ride! :yell:
And if its some crap about that we could get hurt ask any rider and theyll tell you the streets are more dangerous than off road ....ask my brother car hit him totaled his ninja and put him in the hospital 2 weeks ago. My nabor wont even ride the streets anymore, he goes up to maironville every once in a blue moon to hit some trails.

Last edited:

topp

Mar 21, 2009
Pay To Ride Areas I Know Of Check Em Out

To find all these places just google them. Most are 2 hours or less from pittsburgh

mountain ridge atv trails
slippery rock dunes
forbidden zone atv campground <---looks hardcore
Marienville ATV Trail
switchback raceway mx
mines and medows <----looks cool
willow hill camp and trail
hatfield mccoy trails <---far
rock run recreation
tri county atv recreation and rescue
crows canon mx park

Dont ask how long it took me to find these places....

most places offer primitive camping and at marienville you can camp right off the trail your riding in most areas. how does a weekend of mud pitts trails and hill climbs and fires and camping at night sound?? Lets go a crew together and ride. :ride:

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
The slippery rock dunes are a nice place to ride around for the day. I live 15min away from there ad loved it. They have a little bit of everything and it is fun. and only $15 to get in and ride.

And switchback is a MX track, so unless you want to do strictly motocross i woulden't go there. $20 to get in and ride.

I live in butler.

And i will be at the slippery rock dunes a lot. And _JOE_ lives up in erie but if you go some places further north the the dunes, or Allegheny nation forest I'm sure he will tag along.

And the mines and medows look cool.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
I'm planning a trip to Marienville sometime this summer. I'll post something once I have details.

And I'm still waiting on "Slowpar Man" ( :nener: )to get that Kart goin' so I have a good reason to go to Slippery Rock. ;)

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
_JOE_ said:
I'm planning a trip to Marienville sometime this summer. I'll post something once I have details.

And I'm still waiting on "Slowpar Man" ( :nener: )to get that Kart goin' so I have a good reason to go to Slippery Rock. ;)

yeah yeah... I got almost everything done. the motor runs beautifully, the carb is fixed, the carb boot is fixed. All i have to do is get a new belt for the clutch. Which is hard to find. And i just got a 1999 YZ250, that i have been riding. Ill get it done, hopefully soon. Ill let you know. :nod:

topp

Mar 21, 2009
ill have to go check out the dunes in the next few weeks, its probly the closest place to pittsburgh....

I found a 1500 acre hunting/camping grounds emporium PA 3 hours from pittsburgh ....30 miles east of the national forest. Its privatly owned and they are looking for a few more members ,there is like 20 right now. $350 for a year for a membership and its mainly a hunting ground but i would be up there to ride camp and fish you can ride up there 365 days a year. Im setting up a tour there in the next month or so so i can check it out. Its far but may be worth it to ride anytime

Top Bottom