Dtheyzguy

Nov 28, 2018
So a couple months back I bought a 02 yz125 too get back into riding again I have the bike for a couple days and one day when I’m riding I pull the clutch in and the bike stalls and when I go to kick it, it’s ceased. I got home took it all apart took the cylinder off and the top end was perfectly fine and the bike was still locked up so I assumed it needed a bottom end rebuild. I ordered a whole entire wrench rabbit rebuild kit and when I started to take the engine apart I started on the clutch side first and as soon as I took the clutch cover off and all the oil drained out and stuff the bike was able to turn over perfectly. I looked it up and assumed it was a temporary ceased bearing but I ignored it and went ahead with the whole rebuild. I rebuilt the whole entire engine with a buddy of mine who is very experienced with mechanics as well as myself and everything was turning over and moving flawlessly I put the whole entire bike together and went to go kick it and it was ceased!!!!! Again!!!!!! Me not even knowing where to start or what happened I decided to just take the clutch cover off, as soon as I took it off the bike turned over flawlessly again. I put it back on and ceased again!!! I was so confused I took the pressure plate off everything looks perfectly fine no cracks or dents or chips anything of that nature took all the plates out everything looks perfectly normal but as soon as I put it back together and throw the clutch cover on ceased!!!! This bike is becoming a money pit for me with no positive results! Someone please help

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
Its obvious there's something amiss on the clutch side,... check ring gear/kickstarter gear/clutch pushrod

Top Bottom