KDXFRK

Oct 29, 2003
In a small pickup bed? I'm tryin to decide if I should buy a small truck or just get a small trailer to haul my bike and a buddies around on. Can you safely and securely fit 2 dirtbikes in something like a Toy or Nissan pickup with the regular bed?

mylesc

~SPONSOR~
Apr 24, 2002
Yes, but you can't close the tailgate. I suggest getting a Ready Ramp. It's a tailgate extender and also a folds out into a sturdy ramp.

DK

Feb 26, 2000
No problem. I've carried a DRZ400, XR250 and XR200 in my Nissan extra cab. It's tight and I offset the bike in the middle with a milk crate, but it all fits. Fitting all the people and gear is a problem though, but for two, no problem.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
kdx200, pampera280, klx110, kdx50, xr50, all squeezed into the back of a Frontier King Cab - those little trucks can carry quite a lot. I am busy looking for a Frontier Crew cab with extended bed - that should just about fit everything :eek:

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
I'm planning on setting my s-10 up for hauling 2 bikes.... I just plan to get a bedrack to mount on the front of the bed.. also planiing on getting a foot wide walking grate from the metal shop, and use it for a ramp.

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
OK I'll bite.. How the hell did you fit 5 bikes into a Nissan?!? I had a hard enough time getting 4 into a fullsize shortbox.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
first the xr50, then kdx, then klx110, then Pampera, all facing forward, kdx50 went in last facing backwards :laugh:

wayneg

~SPONSOR~
Aug 29, 2001
Does anyone have any information or pictures of the 'ready ramp'?? I have a Holden Rodeo (a small crew cab pick up similar in size to the Nissan Frontier) and which has a very small tray, and I need something like that. Any information would be appreciated.

ute.jpg

wayneg

~SPONSOR~
Aug 29, 2001
Sorry, I tried that before I posted - no repsonse so must be some weird NZ Internet connection or DNS thing.

Thanks very much.

Top Bottom