KWJams

~SPONSOR~
Sep 22, 2000
Folks, it has been awhile :ahhh: but I have been dirt bike poor with nothing to ride off road but my old Triumph since my boys moved to Colorado and took all the dirt bikes with them...... :blah: :blah: ..... but I just picked up a '93 XR600 and ready to start getting dirty again. :nod:

Oh ya,,,, and I moved to Montana. :cool:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome back in from the cold. :cool:

Is the XR a DS? If so, you need to check out the Continental Divide trail. I have heard that it is a great ride.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
KWJams said:
with nothing to ride off road but my old Triumph QUOTE]

Not that there is anything wrong with that. ;) :laugh:

Hey Ken. How ya been?

Glad to have you back. :cool:

Ol'89r

Ken, by the way, I'm looking for a oil tank for a 1964-65 T120R or TR6. Any ideas???

Last edited:

KWJams

~SPONSOR~
Sep 22, 2000

Ol' you might ask around at www.triumphrat.net/
There are a buch of real "Limey's that hang around there.

The XR is not DS -- yet. I am still trying to get used to seeing folks up here riding plated dirt bikes and quads on city streets. :yikes:

My job presented an opportunity to transfer to Billings, Mt so here we are.
Looking at the BLM's website for Montana there doesn't seem to be much public land around here. But a guy can ride just about anywhere with a pair of fence cutters. :laugh: Just joking.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Great to see you back KW. What better way to get back in than with a trusty old XR. :cool:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
WHOA!! Welcome back!
Montana? Must be tough, lol.

KWJams

~SPONSOR~
Sep 22, 2000
Just got back from a 15 mile ride --- :ride:

I must be a newbie the way my legs feel right now. :ahhh:

Need to find a better riding area than where I went today.
Nothing but "Bronco" holes in the trail. :|

(Bronco holes are the results of Ford Bronco drivers who think they can drive off road and just dig holes when they get stuck)

One thing I learned today is that life is not over when you have to get glasses. It has been two years since I have been on a dirt bike partly because my boys have them all now, but partly because my eyes started getting old and I couldn't read the trail at speed to keep from bouncing off rocks and trees.

I learned today that my new prescription / bifocals cured that. :cool:

XR600's are sure sweet :nod:

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
KW,
Don't know where you are in MT, but lots of Single track out of Wallace Idaho if your on the west side, it might be just as close as any riding areas to the east.

KWJams

~SPONSOR~
Sep 22, 2000
B,
We are in the Billings area and so far all the public land areas I have found on the internet around here have off road restrictions.
Was talking to a guy the other day and described the type of riding I am looking for and he said that I would need to drive about 75 miles south to some BLM land around Cowley, Wyoming.
Was really hoping for something closer. :ugg:

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
Ya, your pretty for from Wallace.
You can always go into the Motorcycle Shops and ask around.

Good Luck!

Jul 20, 2005
Awsome Tag

BSMITH, Your tag is awsome, and very encouraging. I'm glad you put it up. I'll be borrowing it to share with others that motivate our efforts, while trying not to run over Pomeranians.

Johnrice

Feb 22, 2014
My job presented an opportunity to transfer to Billings, Mt so here we are.
Looking at the BLM's website for Montana there doesn't seem to be much public land around here. But a guy can ride just about anywhere with a pair of fence cutters. Just joking.

Freestyle Motocross Gloves

Top Bottom