meowz9z

Aug 22, 2003
I bought a '91 kdx200 recently and the rear rim is dented flat; I suspect from coming down on a rock, a log, ect.. I've ridden it quite a bit and the bike still functions. However, I'd like to see if I can't massage the rim a little, and get it looking "purty" again.

I've scoured around the 'net a bit, but I can't seem to find anything related to rim repairs. My girl's kid said that stock rims are to brittle, and I'll crack it if I start messing around with it.

Any comments?

skipro3

Mod Ban
Dec 14, 2002
If it were me, I would replace it. Bikes are supposed to be fun and a catistrophic failure of the rim on the trail is not field repairable. Check on eBay and you should find a rim or maybe a whole rear wheel.

KAY DEE EXER

~SPONSOR~
Mar 3, 2003
It is possible to be reapaired. At least here in Oz you can. I hit a huge bolder hidden in tall grass. 6 broken bones and a written off 2000 yz426f later ( forks were touching the frame, tore l/side rad, footpeg and gear lever clean off) but the rim was repaired and kept for my yz125. Cost me about 70 bucks AU. As SkiPro said it aint fun pushing the bike for miles to get back to the truck on a damaged rim or even worse rim failure could make for a painful dismount. Also be careful for stress fractures.... Merry XMAS all !!!

Top Bottom