Can I clean my airfilter with...

Jacobi

Oct 6, 2003
I got my bike yesterday, '03 KX125, and I bought the no-toil kit. The mechanic said not to use the no-toil cleaner the first time I clean it since it won't get the old grease off.

My question is, can I use 409 citrus cleaner/degreaser to clean the airfilter? I've also got CLR cleaner but I doubt that will do it...

Thanks in advance,
-Barry-

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Buy a can of a solvent based filter cleaner. (or a pail of kerosene)
The guy was correct, the No-toil will not clean the petroleum lube from the filter. Once you clean the old off it will no longer be a problem if you use No-toil filter oil.
It's also a good idea to use their filter sealing grease. I'm cheap and still place a coating of petroleum grease on the filter edges and the No-toil cleaner will not take that out.

Some will argue, but DON'T use gas to clean the filter. It's dangerous, plus it may screw up the filter seams.

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
Paint thinner works well also for the first time. Then use dishwashing soap to clean out the solvent. Dry the filter and then use the No-Toil. I love that stuff. If you are ever out of the cleaner, rubbing alcohol will remove the No-Toil oil from the filter. Then rinse with water.

Top Bottom