Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
You guys got any rides planned in the near future? I would like to come down and check out some MO riding yet this summer. I don't mind driving a ways.

Everyone here is too busy with other stuff, and I really don't like to ride alone anymore.

B

biglou

Absolutely! What side of the state are you on in IA? I-35 or I-29 should take you right on into KC. We usually have something going on most weekends, but occasionally we have bigger get-togethers planned. I'll keep you in the loop. :)

AgentOrange

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 18, 2000
Well, for instance, there is a team harescramble on July 28th that BigLou and I will be riding. We might be able to find you a partner if interested.....

Rich250F

Jun 11, 2002
Hey RoosteR13 I am thinking of going up to St. Joseph on Saturday, The MX track is called Knobby Hill, http://www.knobbyhillmx.com/index2.htm
It is a decent track no hard pan and the track is fairly long, most of the jumps are good to, nothing to major. If anybody else is interested lets get a time and hook up. Man I am Jonesing really bad, haven't rode in almost 4 weeks.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Thanks guys, I would love to be in the loop. I'm not into MX, got no talent, I'm into trails and strip mines.

I'm on I-35 in Ames, so it's not a real long haul to KC. I was also interested in the place near Finger Lakes (?).

Would really like to attend a mini-fest and meet some of you.

Thanks! :) :)

B

biglou

Rooster-Come on down for the team scramble next Sunday (28th July). It's a "no points" race. Should be good fun.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
What's the location, time etc. for this scramble? I would have to look hard at how late I would be home Sunday night (old fart recovery time, you know!).

B

biglou

It willstart around 10 AM on Sunday. Should be over by 3 or so. If you want to come down the night before, you are welcome to the couch or floor at Casa del Lou! The race is at Merwin, which is about a 40 minute drive from my house. I am exactly 200 miles from Des Moines.

Jackyl

Apr 29, 2002
Man, you'd probably love Finger Lakes then. (Strip mines.) I really like MX a lot, but have only ridden Finger's track, and down by Adrian. Though I'm not really good at it. ;) I have gotta check out that St. Joe track as soon as I get my rear wheel fixed. Can't wait to hook up with you guys.

-AR

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
So, you say this is a "team scramble". What exactly does that mean?

B

biglou

Two riders with the same number, trade off each lap, or you can ride two laps then trade, or three, or one guy can go two laps and the next guy can go one, etc. Or, really, one guy can ride the whole thing. They score by the bike number. And, it's a 3 hour race instead of 2.

B

biglou

Two, sorry! They had a lottle velcro medalion last year and you had to pull it off the front plate of the bike coming in and stick it to the front plate of the bike going out. I was pit crew last year since it was only a week after Blue Thunder and I had the head-on in the woods, but it was still a blast. One thing, it will be hot. Man, it's gonna be 100 this weekend. I'm afraid to guess what the temp might be next week! :(

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Sounds like a blast! :) :)

Thanks for the garcious offer Lou, but due to prior obligations on Saturday night, I'll have to pass on this one. :ugg:

I'm still up for a trail ride or something when I have enough time to drive down and set up camp somewhere.

Yes, it sounds like it will be hotter than hades again next weekend. Why can't it be like it is right now?!? This cold front feels nice! A three hour race, teammates or not, is going to be taxing! :eek:

Wraith

Do the impossible its fun
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
I heard they might set the scramble for a later date, due to the heat. Anyone heard any info on this?

B

biglou

Yes-It is postponed until Sept. 8th. Too bloody hot! Although, it is very nice today. Hopefully that cool front makes it down your way.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
I'll bottle some cold front up and send it your way! MN had 37 degrees this morning. Brrr, now that's a little much if you ask me. I had about 60 this morning, which is ideal weather...for sleeping :) and dirt biking :p .

sct

Apr 19, 2004
ok guys hook me up. I WANT to ride I'm in sedalia. and most the time I ride alone. Im no good on a pc and i can bearly work yhis page help me. I have a 4 day weekend and plan to ride. I dont want to do it alone again. someone e mail me and let me know whats happening this weekend emial at steiberis @ charter .net .....Ps. all the people im reading forums from sound like a tight riding group. CAN I JOIN THE FUN

Top Bottom