Can seat height of a WR 250 be lowered?

run29point2

Jul 2, 2002
Hi Fellow Dirt Riders:
I am still in the process of deciding which train/enduro bike to get. I am taking my time to get as much information as possible and wait for the 2003s to start arriving. The information you all have provided me thus far in previous posts has been immensely helpful.

Another question I have is:
Can the seat height of a WR 250 be lowered by 2 1/2 inches or so with out adversely affecting the bike's performance in general trail riding? Can any adjustments be made by the dealer prior to delivery? The WR250 is my favorite bike so far but sits way too high for me seeing that I am 5' 8 1/2", 168 lbs.
and can't touch my feet on the ground.

Also, would a 400cc 4-stroke (XR400, DRZ400,etc) be to much bike for a beginning trail/enduro rider like me? Should I even be considering a 400 or should I focus on 250cc 4-stroke?

Again, any help and information you all can give me
is much appreciated.

Thanks Again!

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
You have a couple options when lowering.

First, start with the seat. You can remove the seat cover and carefully shave off a little bit of foam to give you some room.

Second, you can get with a good Suspension Tuner to lower the bike for you. This can be pricey but this is the best route.

If you go that route, get a real suspension tuner and not someone who does the service at the shop. Lowered bikes can be a work of art. One DRN member, Sunruh had his YZ250F lowered and loves it. It turns really sharp.

Rich has had his YZ400F lowered by MX-Tech and he is pretty happy with it.

Do a search in the Suspension forum for more information on lowering bikes. It has been discussed a fair amount. Hopefully, that will give you some more answers.

Ivan

Top Bottom