Can someone help me identifiy this bike?

Hey guys this is my first post and im not really sure where to post it so here it goes, i picked up this bike cheap but im not to sure what year/model it is im thinking it is a later 80's yamaha YZ, take a look at the pics its 80cc. Also i need some parts to finish it up such as a silencer exhuast springs a new clutch lever and a few other minor things anybody no some stores that could help me out, the vin for the bike is 3ml-000714 if that helps at all, let me know

Alex

I am trying to find out what it is but that vin number i can not seem to match. The closest i got was a 1980 YZ100. Put a pic on bikepics.com and the post the link.

Ok i loaded the pics on bikepics if you go to member alexhockey you will see my pics i cannt figure out how to post a link it keeps saying that it contains links and wont let me do it so take a look and tell me what you think

Looks like '86 to me. Most stuff on it is the same as '85-90 or '91, I think. Looks nearly identical to our '89, except the frame color.

Rotor

85 or newr is correct . The plastic changed from yellow to white in 85 ,and the black frame is most likely changed by owner, checking that number 3ml came up for the rear shock number but look again for the VIN on the motor or the steering head area behind the number plate. Frame /engine numbers starting with #3mk will be 89 with the frame coming from the factory painted white for the American bike. Frame is red for 85, 86 from Japan. The engine was black on the 85 I think but for colors in Canada that might be different?

Last edited: