HomeMadeSin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2001
I've got my ride up for sale and want to replace it with a 625SXC. I know KTM will have plenty of demo bikes, but can you buy one there? Does it make sense too (money wise or other)?

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
I would think that it would make great sense to buy one there. Out of state so you get a break on the taxes. Your going to be there anyway so there is not delivery charges. :cool: If they make you a good deal on the price you are way far ahead of the game then if you bought local. If your friendly with you local dealer he might be resentful and mark up all your parts 10% ;)

DougRoost

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2001
I can't see the KTM guys selling you one directly since that's not their business model. That could really undermine their dealer network relationships -- it's called channel conflict. Thus I'm sure their business systems aren't set up to sell to end users, either, from a tax, title, etc. standpoint. Our company has the same sort of indirect business model for computers.

However, there was a good KTM dealer at DW last year from Durant, OK and he'd probably hook you up, assuming he's coming again this year.

HomeMadeSin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2001
Appreciate the info guys, but I wasn't expecting to buy direct. I also work in a similar business model...in fact, I changed the business model at my work to a no-direct model.

If I were at KTM however, I would have SOMEONE taking orders....can't expect to catch fish, throw 'em back and expect to catch them in another river.......

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
If I were at KTM however, I would have SOMEONE taking orders
That very well may be the case... as of this point we know a regional KTM person will be there, but are unsure of an actual KTM dealer.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom