Can You buy Spokes for older bikes?

MAKAVELI

Apr 29, 2007
Hi I've got a 83 CR250R Honda with several spokes missing in the rear wheel. Is there aftermarket spokes avilable? OEM's are discontinued aparently. I have a set of wheels from an 84 Suzuki RM250, If the wheel is the same size, would the spokes be the same?

Thanks,
Rob

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
You can measure the spoke and look at the bend and probably tell if the spoke from the other wheel will fit. Replacement spokes are available from specialty shops--I just can't think of the name of the place right now. Might try putting this post on http://www.honda-elsinore.com/ and I'll bet someone can help you.

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
Yes, buchannanspokes.com will make whatever spoke you want. It costs about $90 per wheel which is reasonable considering an aftermarket spoke set usually runs $65 and OEM sets are $160.

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
Have you checked the prices for a new wheel??? I just bought a spare wheel off of F-bay for $1.99 (plus a flippin $25 shipping--and he just drove by and left it on my porch--LOL) I keep around just for this reason. I pulled some spokes out of it and keep them on standbuy. I also got an extra rim, hub and brakes by doing that.

Top Bottom