can you guess why ?

podia

Aug 31, 2000
Guess I have to put up a interesting topic to this interesting question. ;)

I took part in two races last month. I was using 32:1 in my YZ125.

On this two races, my bike setting is the same, same track.
The only difference is 2t. My sponsor let me try Maxima K2 in the first race and SuperM in the next.

The question is, my 125 got no unburnt 2t dripping after the 1st race, but it was dripping badly after the 2nd.

What is your view? :think:

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
2t ??? What are you talking about? Mobil1 MX2t?? Are you asking about the differences between Maxima K2 and SuperM or...... Help me out and I may be able to help you.

cujet

Aug 13, 2000
Certain oils do not fully burn in the combustion process. This can lead to excess spooge. Motul 800 for example. Regular TCWIII outboard oils tend to leave little residue in the exhaust. I have to wonder about the protection of an oil that fully combusts.

Chris

podia

Aug 31, 2000
Thanks for replying.

Miket, I'm referring to premix oil. Yes, is there any difference between
SuperM and K2?

:yeehaw:

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
There is a difference, the Super M is a semi-synthetic and the K2 is fully synthetic. Specifically, is the "2t" you are referring to Mobil1? So are you comparing three oils?

los36

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
with "2t", he means 2 stroke oil. So he's saying that the only difference between race 1 and race 2 was the 2t (2 stroke oil).

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Oh, OK. I would think that the SuperM would burn better than the K2..... Looks like it was the other way around for you. Since the oils are different, they burn at different tempretures. You must have been running it closer to where the K2 burns best. Another thing is that maybe your air filter got clogged up the first moto and your bike started running rich the second moto.

podia

Aug 31, 2000
MikeT, I think you are spot on. Forgot to tell you guys that it rain heavily on the 2nd race, and my air filter actually is wet I suppose and covered with some dirt.

I think you are right, thanks! :thumb:

lose36, ya, I'm referring to 2 stroke oil (2t).
Thanks alot guys!

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
if it started raining the increased humidity (and therefore decreased amount of oxygen in the air) would have made your jetting too rich and hense the spoooge situation begins.......at least thats how i think it works!:)

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…