kawaJawki

Jul 17, 2001
Hi,

I recently purchased a used 2000 KDX 220 that I found out is a canadian model bike. Can anyone tell me why they would leave the front fork compression valves off of these models. The bike is identical in every other way that i can tell.(I think). And does anyone know if i can order the valves for a regular US model and install them or will they even fit? In advance I thank you for your help.

canucklehead

Apr 13, 2000
I think you may be mistaken... and what exactly do you mean by 'compression valves'?

As far as I know (C-Dave, help me out!), the Canadian version is identical to the US. Except cheaper:cool:

Dave

kawaJawki

Jul 17, 2001
I'm speaking of the valves on the bottom of the forks that you adjust the compression rate with. They are not on my bike. I found this odd because i thought htey were the same bike.

canucklehead

Apr 13, 2000
If they weren't there, you would have fork oil leaking alll over the place:cool:

There are little dust covers on them that can be removed with a slot screw driver. I assure you, they are there!

Welcome to DRN!

Dave

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
Like canucklehead said they are exactly the same bike just a little cheaper. You'll need to remove the black rubber dust covers to get at the clickers. If there are no clickers there the forks are off another bike.

David

kawaJawki

Jul 17, 2001
Hi,

Thanks for the info, at first i thought the forks were off of anotner bike. After a closer look i did find that there were black rubber plugs in the bottom. The bike was so clean they appeared to be metal thats why i was asking if there was something different between the two bikes. I just didnt look hard enuogh. thanks again.

Top Bottom