Canadian Riders vs American Riders

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
Hey guys!
Everyone says (in Canada) that American riders are much better and faster. I agree! However I'd like to get you guys' point of view. How do you percieve Canadian Riders? Can Jean-Sébastien Roy (if any of you know him) or Dusty Klatt compete with names such as Chad Reed and co? If not...why?

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
First of all Chad Reed is not from the USA he is Australian. At the pro level I think the top 10 USA riders are pretty tough to stick with for most but in the amateur levels I don't see a wide variation. This summer at Millville I think the Canadian kids I saw were as fast if not faster than the USA kids in the classes

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Chad Reed , the quick answer is no absolutely not. JSR has shown top ten speed consistently when he has showed up for US Nationals on a roached out practice bike. My guess is a healthy JSR still is capable of top 7 finishes outdoors. Klatt schooled JSR this year and I think he is truly capable of top 5's outdoors battling with Millsaps and Windham if he's on good equipment. Unfortunately for us Canucks it looks like Klatt's best offer came from Star racing and it looks like they want him to do a full season on the 250F. Even though Dusty has two MX2 Championships he is by far a superior 450 rider.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
FWIW, i think when they are on the track really doesnt matter where there from.. I think the AMA series is faster than the Canadian series and other series too :ride:

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
oldguy said:
First of all Chad Reed is not from the USA he is Australian.

Didn't mean to hurt your feelings! I thought he was american. Sorry! Dusty Klatt won the 450 finals yesterday at Montreal's Olympic Stadium. This guy is fast!

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
trial_07 said:
Didn't mean to hurt your feelings! I thought he was american. Sorry! Dusty Klatt won the 450 finals yesterday at Montreal's Olympic Stadium. This guy is fast!
No hurt feelings here I would never claim him but my son sure would :cool:

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
Alright! :)

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Given a specific track, the right conditions, equal bikes and support, it would come down to the rider only. So many variables are in play with your "VS". The riders of the great white north or no less capable than those to the south. The biggest difference is the length of the riding season. If the riders of Canada could ride year round, they would likely be on par with more of their US conterparts. The shear number of US riders that can train and ride year round puts a statistical advange in the number of possible top five riders that the US can field. Provide the Canadians the same meteorological conditions and the statistics would shift slightly. Then it would come down to the overall numbers of riders that choose to compete at the professional level.

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
I know that there are lots of things to consider in my "vs", it is actually the point of my question! Thanks for your answer.

Top Bottom