SK 250

Sep 19, 2003
Noticed there are a few Canadians on this board just curious where you reside? Is there anyone els eon the board from Saskatchewan?

SK 250

Sep 19, 2003
Ya thats right Beatch, I think I am going to race in Alberta next year, they host way more amatuers, than Sask.

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
I'm from Trail, BC, but right now I'm in Edmonton, AB at the University of Alberta. Unfortunatly, I couldn't bring my bike, so I haven't been riding in awhile. But I'm going home in a couple of weeks to go riding and possibly racing.

chillrich

Sep 15, 2003
I'm an AScratchewan man, Regina to be exact and its been some work to find riding spots. There is a fine MX track north of Regina and an area owned by the city of Weyburn. Other than that we've got a gravel pit area to help our sand skills. If you need directions I can provide. Any ideas for trail riding in the southern part of the province.

Gardener

Jul 28, 2000
I was seven years in the Queen City. Some good trails to be found (was, I'm talking 15 years ago) around Lumsden. Still some very good riding around PA, Choiceland and Snowden but a little further to travel.

chillrich

Sep 15, 2003
Maybe we'll have to plan a trip up north for next year . The Lumsden area trails were probably Wascana trails and were shut down to off road vehicles about 10 years ago... tree huggers only now- not that I don't like trees, but leave us some trails. Anyway I'll keep Choiceland in mind, do I need any additional details to find the riding areas?

SK 250

Sep 19, 2003
I live about 20 min from choiceland, the trail in Wapati regional park, are kick ass. Some of the best trails in the Prov. I'm sure that Blair Morgan has his own track somewhere around P.A.

chillrich

Sep 15, 2003
Is Wepati somewhere SW of Choiceland? It doesn't show on my gridroad map. Are there seasonal restrictions, and is there camping available. I've been up to the Nipiwan area fishing many years ago and I can only imagine what biking would be like around there.
Thanks for the info, I'm pretty stoked about checking it out.
One other question, is there any provincial or regional restrictions that you know of regarding licensing and insurance for off road bikes?

SK 250

Sep 19, 2003
You don't have to worry about any restictions, what so ever, myself and another fellow that lives in Gronlid, which is about 5 minutes from wapati run the show, pretty much do what you want when you want. Jeff and I are going to ride out there on Sunday, since the weather looks like it is going to cooperate, I also took Monday off and will most likley go out then too. I am in Melfort, and I work in Gronlid, so I am not to far away. There is camping right in the Wapati Valley, just show up and post camp. Myself and Jeff are both 22 and are intermediat riders, but sometimes Jeff cann really fly. If you are thinking of coming up here, I think this weekend is going to be the last of the good weather, you should round up some friends and come on down. Post up or email me at crocket11@hotmail.com and let me know what you think. David.

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
Might as well add, even though this is old.

Winnipeg, Manitoba. Moved here from La Ronge, Saskatchewan. 7/8 hours north of Regina.

Top Bottom