Cannondale MX400 update. Anyone?

bsdupee

Nov 8, 2000
Where is this bike at? Anyone ridden one? Impressions? Any news on larger displacement vs. Japanese competitive news (i.e.450 cc's)?

KWJams

~SPONSOR~
Sep 22, 2000
Cannondale is coming along fine

Here is how a Cannondale finished the Sugarloafers AMA National Hare-n-Hound last Saturday near Delta,UT. :)
Plug for Cannondale: Jason Fox was 16 O/A and 1st 4 stroke.

Pretty impressive if you know what desert demands from a bike! :)

bsdupee

Nov 8, 2000
Originally posted by X^1.5/0~76.3
Last one I saw was sitting off to the side of a trail. :p

thats bull. please provide honest information. i am seriously wondering about what they are up to.

thanks.

penguin

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Feb 19, 2000
they are pursuing the off-road market more heavily than MX at this point by introducing an XC version. The assembly lines are again moving and turning out bikes. The rumor mill says they have addressed most of the problems that infested the first production bikes and they have improved the fit and finish making the bikes look more like a finished product instead of a garage project..;)

Logan

Dec 1, 2000
About two weeks ago the folks from Cannondale brought about six bikes and 5 quads to Pleasure Valley MX Track in Armagh, PA for a "Come and Ride 'Em and Judge for Yourself" day.

My impressions: I love my 250f, the MX400 didn't do all that much for me. I rode two different bikes and they were very different from each other...power-wise and suspension-wise. The bike was pretty comfortable to ride, I could move over the tank quite easily, the seat is a great one to grip with the knees. The magic button was great. The bike also had a sort of high pitch whining sound, which made me think I was riding a street bike.

I'm a short and heavy guy, 5' 6" and at least 235 lbs. The bike seemed a bit soft in the suspension dept. for me. Would I pay over $8,000 for the bike? Nope. But I give Cannondale a lot of credit for doing the grass roots thing, bringing their machines to joe-average folks and even springing for the hot dogs and soda.

John

woodsguy2000

~SPONSOR~
Apr 24, 2001
The only I have seen was being ridden on a fast and easy outdoor style track with an average Jo like me riding it. He was having as much fun [main thing] as I was on 426F. My bike seemed a hair faster and he seemed to take big jumps a little slower. Saw no mechanical problems. It did sound a little different.

semi old guy

Dec 9, 1999
now that i'm healing up i'm going to get a ride on one. supposedly good brakes ,handling and turning and a moderate motor...perfect for me. you have to love the hand made look of the frame too. i can't believe people complain about the torx fasteners. buy some wrenches! also they say it makes a lot of mechanical noise...so what!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom