Can't Decide wich thumper to by, help.

Duneman

~SPONSOR~
Jun 16, 1999
I want to buy a thumper as a play bike for fun I already have a racebike that I am happy with, I once rode and xr250 and loved how well I could ride wheelies on it, is the 400 xr kind of the same?
what about the ttr 250 yamaha with electric start is like and xr250?
and what about the YZF250 or wr will it be as "fun" not fast "fun" as xr, please help me decide.........thanks

parish8

Nov 29, 2001
another vote for the wr250f, i have an xr250 and a wr250, the wr is just as easy to ride but can be riden much harder if needed, it even does the track well. stock the wr is prety slow and xr like but after all the free mods it runs hard.

PowerStroke

Dec 3, 1999
The DRZ400e should not be left out. All I can say when I am done racing or riding is "what a nice bike". I truly love my electric start DRZ. Remember bikes with electric start tend to seem lighter. They can be had new for 4500 give or take a few hundred.

greeds

Apr 13, 2002
DRZ400s. Heavy but you cant tell 'till you drop it and have to pick it up. 40 real HP, elec. start. Street legal and a warranty. I have MX'd mine in the 30 and over class with the horn and all. Hare scrambles, rides to work, all great. 6000 hard miles and no problems. Plan on some suspension work for MX but other than that, nice bike right out of the box. Turning faster laps than on my YZ125 but cant flip it around in the air. Good luck in any case!

jschner

Jan 3, 2002
Check out the 2002 440 Cannondales.
-Awesome suspension from woods to mx.
-Only 268 lbs with 2 gallons of fuel, hand guards, skid plate, lights, and electric start.
-Power is very smooth and pulls from idle to 11500 rpms.
-Low center of gravity due to the tank being under the seat.

See if you can get a test ride somewhere to check it out.

Top Bottom