Can't reach ground(I bought longer legs)

Pokey

Aug 16, 2000
Just kidding.I see alot of posts on lowering suspension for shorter riders. I recently had my suspension competely rebuilt by MX-TECH and had it lowered 1" front and rear. My bike handles better and rides great I cant really notice any negitives with this modification.Im a towering 5feet 6inches and can now touch the ground flat footed.My new bikes will get this done before there ever ridden.

MX265

Sponsoring Member
Jan 29, 2001
Pokey,

I'm glad to hear postive input on a seat lowering job. I'm pondering having this done for my bike within the next year as I am also 5'6". My toes on one leg can reach the ground when I sit on my 2001 KX250. I think it would help alot even if I could get one foot flat footed. I know it will vary by bike, but approximatley what did your job cost? I might be worthwhile.

Andy

------------------

2FAST4U

Mar 19, 2001
im 6'1 and my feet dont even touch the ground flat footed on my 1996 kx500.who wants to trade sizes,id rather be small and short than big and tall,atleast id have a chance to mx race =(

------------------

Pokey

Aug 16, 2000
To answer your question Kalitude. I am 5 feet 6 inches, I weigh 125 and ride a YZ 250. Not all people that are 5-6 have the same length legs.

------------------

TW736

Jan 21, 2000
I have a 99 WR400 and had MX-Tech do the same, lower one inch and revalve. The bike is a completely different beast. Like pokey, this mod will be performed on my next bike(WR250F) shortly after I get it. The revalve is excellent, Jeremy is to be commended. The only negative, I waited two years before I had the mod done.

------------------
99 WR400
AMA
BRC
NOHVA

Pokey

Aug 16, 2000
This weekend was the first race of the year and first test for my new legs.The track was a swamp and there were only a few riders in my class. I was able to touch ground flat footed on the line ,what a difference. I was so thrilled I almost forgot to go.We brought home a first place and alot of mudded up gear to wash. Kalitude I'm wearing a pair of 32's that wouldn't get wet if I stood in 4 inches of water.

It only hurts if you do it like I do.

------------------

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
I have a solution to shorter people who want to touch the ground on there bike.

RIDE IN A DEEP RUT :p

1)Realistically, I 've heard you can lower your suspension and getting shorter seat foam for alot of bikes.

2)If you really want to go low remove the seat foam all together. Your supposed to stand up when you ride anyway right? I don't recomend this but Ive heard of it being done.

3)I have a buddy who always rides 80's because of hieght issues. If your short and small and build the motor, 80's are small and light and can go fast.

------------------
chicks dig scars, pain heals, glory lives forever

Top Bottom