Can't wait for the week to end

kawa06

Nov 16, 2003
My dad called me and said that the PC platinum II pipe came in the mail this weekend, and am I excited (btw www.midwestmoto.com has them and they ship it fast). I'm in exam week right now at Clemson and I cant wait till the week is over so I can put on my new pipe. But anyways...to the point - When i jetted my bike with the stock pipe, I kinda cheated because it was running OK at WOT and i didn't even mess with the main jet in anticipation that I was getting a new pipe, plus I couldnt ride too much b/c of school. With this new pipe, though, is there any concern that the engine will blow running WOT for 30 sec. I ride on my farm mostly in woods and fields, and I never ride wide open for more than a few seconds, and I dont know what to expect. Also, where do you guys recommend a place to ride WOT for that long b/c our fields are terraced and i cant get a straight, flat run long enough...i was thinking just go down the road that i live on since there isn't much traffic (I'm sure a Cop would love to see me doing that).

Thanks,
kawa06

rethnal

~SPONSOR~
Jul 14, 2002
Chances are you will have to lean the mixture anyway for the new pipe. So... no, I don't think you will blow it up. But you need to get the jetting close before doing the WOT chop to check the final jetting. :thumb:

Last edited:

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
According to Jeff redette, he uses the same jetting on a stock, or modified pipe.

rethnal

~SPONSOR~
Jul 14, 2002
It will be close..... from: http://www.dirtrider.net/justkdx/carbtuning.html

1997 to 2003 KDX220

Stock run a 42 pilot jet,the stock R1173L jet needle in the second from the top clip position, a 142/145 main jet and fine tune the pilot circuit using the air screw.

With a performance pipe/expansion chamber, air box mods , the factory or after-market silencer and the stock 33mm carburetor run a 42 pilot, the stock R1173L jet needle in the second from the top clip position, a 145/148 main jet and fine tune the pilot circuit using the air screw.

Same as above but with your carburetor bored between 35 and 36mm or running a 1988 to 2003 KDX200 35mm carb jet according to 95 to 2003 KDX200 requirements.

Addition of Boyesen reeds or a Boyesen RAD Valve will require you to lean the pilot and main jet one size and readjust your air screw.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…