theroyz71

~SPONSOR~
Nov 25, 2003
I can't wait until Christmas. The suspense is going to eat me alive. We just got back from the Kawasaki Dealer and bought a 2004 KDX50 for my son for Christmas. We hold him we were going to look at helmets so that he could ride with me on my sv650s. But really we wanted to get his reaction to Team Green and check out how he fit on the little bike. With the shock in the lower mount he can touch the toes of both feet to the ground. Raising the seat height will give him room to grow with this bike. Also, we bought him full gear including pants with kneepads, jersey, gloves, goggles, chest protector, and of course a helmet. We didn't buy boots at this time, however we may get them before x-mas. What is recommended as far as boots for a 5 year old? Motorcycle specific or just a good high ankle boot?

Man I can't wait to see his face x-mas morning. :)

theroyz71

~SPONSOR~
Nov 25, 2003
If I have to. You know, if I get both of my boys riding dirt bikes, it would be irresponsible of me to leave them unsupervised. Hehe. Ben will be 5 in 2 years, he'll get the 50. Jonathan will upgrade and daddy just might have to pick up a KDX200 or 220R, or some other steed to be determined.

BTW, why isn't my signature appearing at the bottom of my posts?

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
Congrats on the new purchase. :thumb:

You asked about boots... I strongly recommend getting him motocross boots. Hiking/standard boots are not going to offer the protection he'll need. Spending a few extra $$$ on the proper gear now could save you a $$$$$$ trip to the ER later. :cool:

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
We bought the real MX boots for our youngest, but he couldn't feel the pegs or brake pedal with them. We let him ride with work boots for several months and then switched him back to the real boots.

I also suggest a neck collar. PCS (?) makes one that fits a 4-5 year old perfectly.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Originally posted by High Lord Gomer

I also suggest a neck collar. PCS (?) makes one that fits a 4-5 year old perfectly.
Check out ProCycleSafety.com for the PCS Neck Support, i highly reccomend wearing them..
RIck

Top Bottom