MONKEYMOUSE

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2001
Well I'm in the process of putting a nice stereo into my little 95 S10. The only thing I cant seem to comprehend is how the hell you are supposed to get the stock grills off of the doors :bang:. I don't want to break them incase I ever want to put them back on. Although I'm about ready to as I don't need them because I'm using the custom grills that came with the speakers. Any ways I've tried to just pull the off but they feal like there going to snap. I thought maybe they twist out of a type of lock but they don't spin. I can pull the bottom up a little ways but its not much. I'm beginning to think I need to pull the door panels off to be able to pull the stock grills off, I'm really hopeing not. Any one know, or have any idea? Also it dosn't say anything about removing them in the owners manual, that I can find at lest.

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
check www.Crutchfield.com
Enter your vehicle info and component you want to swap out. You can watch an installation video, starts with removal of existing component. Might be what you need.

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
I believe you just need to pull the whole door panel off to get to the speakers, thats how my s10's were and my newer Silverado. Most of the time the grilles that come with a new set of speakers dont work in the stock place, more or less that for when you build seperate or custom 6x9 boxes for them so they stay protected.

Take all the screws and such out of the door and lightly pop off the panel, you should be able to feel the clips that are holding it on, just take your time so you dont rip things apart

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Not sure on the S-10, but door panels are easy to remove on most vehicles. In most cases you can remove the panel and use your stock grills (no need to remove them from the door panel).

MONKEYMOUSE

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2001
Alright, thanks guys. My door speakers will be in on monday or abouts so I'll dig into it.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Ditto on the door panel, the grills are attached and not meant to come out. ;)

jharmon

Aug 1, 2001
Did you try turning the grills in a clockwise position? I had a subaru with the same problem. After I took a screwdriver and ripped the first one apart, I could see that it basically just popped off by turning it a few inches.

Top Bottom