miScott

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Oct 19, 2003
This summer my buddy and I will be going out to ride in Colorado. We will be camping at just over 10,000 ft above sea level. My question is...
Is there anyone out there that rides their KDX out there, and what size jets are they running?

Thanks,

miScott

moridin

~SPONSOR~
Dec 30, 2003
There is a jetting altitude matrix that will give you the exact numbers you need for any given elevation.

You will need your baseline jetting at your elevation - anf just use the percentile equivs of what you are currently using.

Ie - if you are 42/152 and your calculated value is a multiplier of .88 - you get 37/134. Those are just made up numbers - but gives you an idea how to do it.

That matrix is on this site somewhere - just dont have a link handy. Search for jetting chart or something like that.

Dont just use what Joe Rider in Utah at 10000 feet is riding - unless he is riding your bike. Everybike is different - that is why it is crucial to get your accurate baseline first.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
You know joe? :)

I do.

I don't know jack, though...............

Said matrix is on CDave's site...linked in the sticky 'Every kdx rider should read...' on top of this fourm.

Or, to make it a tad easier for 'ya, howabout click this .

Read the whole thing. Pour yourself a brew and read it a couple more times.

OK...two brewskis then....

Top Bottom