gurt

Feb 25, 2006
Hi everybody,
I'm having trouble with my 1976 yz 125. Im running a 34mm mikuni round slide that just doesnt seem to be working correctly. Whenever I turn the gas on, the carb doesn't want to take any in. Instead, it just barely trickles down the line (and I mean barely). I checked the lines, and gas pours out when it isn't connected to the carb, so thats not the problem. I cleaned out all of the breathers and ran wire through them, so I know that the are clear. The only way the lines fill up is if I really rev the bike up so the gas gets sucked down, and even then it isn't enough. Any ideas on what the problem is?

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Take the petcock off the bottom of the tank, and make sure that the screen on it is clean..

Also check to make sure your gas cap is clean, and that the breather on it is clear.

gurt

Feb 25, 2006
Yea, I checked all of that. I know it isn't the tank or petcock because when I disconnect the line from the carb, gas just pours out. I cleaned out the needle valve and made sure the floats werent getting hung up on anything too. The thing that is driving me crazy is that it wasn't doing this a week ago.

gurt

Feb 25, 2006
I took it all apart and let it soak in a solvent tank, but it is still screwed up. I think I will just end up buying a new needle valve and seat, to see what happens.

Beuford

Feb 23, 2008
Is your carb empty?
If you are judging the flow by a inline filter then it will show only a trickle and will fill up as you rev it.
My 06 does this and runs fine.
None the less, your float level may be off and could be giving you problems.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
The seat and float valve should be replaced. Make sure the passage is clear. Blow cleaner through all the vent connections. Make sure the floats are installed correctly. You do have the floats below the brass tang?

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
And if you don't have an air compressor, go buy a can of that computer cleaner air to help you clean the carb after you take it apart and soak the parts. If there is gunk in your carb, you have to get it out.

gurt

Feb 25, 2006
I bent the tang to the extreme, and that turned out to be it. At first, gas came out of the overflow so I took it apart and did a little less. works fine now. Thanks for all the input guys.

Top Bottom