Carb pissing-float adjustment question

dougjc

Mar 23, 2003
I noticed the lower drain on the carb seems to be pissing. Sometimes when sitting at idle its a good stream, other times just after I blip the throttle. I removed the carb and believe I should adjust the tang (tab on float). Its definetly not an exact science, seems very difficult to get an accurate float height when trying to determine when the needle touches the tang. In general, should I adjust the tang up or down for the pissing I have described?

03 KDX220

m0rie

Nov 18, 2002
dougjc said:
I noticed the lower drain on the carb seems to be pissing. Sometimes when sitting at idle its a good stream, other times just after I blip the throttle. I removed the carb and believe I should adjust the tang (tab on float). Its definetly not an exact science, seems very difficult to get an accurate float height when trying to determine when the needle touches the tang. In general, should I adjust the tang up or down for the pissing I have described?

03 KDX220

Take a look here and see if its any help...

http://justkdx.dirtrider.net/floatlevel.html

-Maurice

kdxtaz

~SPONSOR~
Mar 29, 2002
You will most likely have to adjust the float so that the fuel level is a little on the low side to make it stop. That's what I did.

kdxtaz

~SPONSOR~
Mar 29, 2002
Bend the tang up (toward the needle). You will be holding the carb upside down, so it will seem like you're bending it down.Does that make sense? :think: Don't bend it too much, just enough to make it stop leaking when leaning on the kickstand. Too much will make it run lean.

dougjc

Mar 23, 2003
kdxtaz said:
Bend the tang up (toward the needle). You will be holding the carb upside down, so it will seem like you're bending it down.Does that make sense? :think: Don't bend it too much, just enough to make it stop leaking when leaning on the kickstand. Too much will make it run lean.

kdxtaz, Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Top Bottom