Carb pours out gas as soon as gas is turned on... Help!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evader 53

Nov 7, 2007
I have a 2000 warrior (yeah, I know, its not a bike, but the people on these forums seem to be the most knowledgeable) and haven't run it in approx. 5 weeks. Today I went to start it up and as soon as I turn the gas on, gas goes pouring out of the overflow tubes on the carb. I tried heating up the carbs with a blowdryer, but still had no luck.

I am able to start the quad when the gas is off (apparently just enough gas gets through the line to allow it to idle), but as soon as I turn the gas on, the engine sputters then dies, and gas goes pouring out of the carb.

Does anyone know what the problem may be and how to fix it!?

Thanks

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
The float is stuck..

Take the carb off and clean it inside.

What did you think heating it with a blowdryer would do??

Evader 53

Nov 7, 2007
flyingfuzzball said:
hes a quad rider. we may never know

Hah, I ride bikes too... Thats the problem, the quad has been collecting dust while riding the dirtbike.

Its 25 degrees here, so I figured the cold weather might of had something to do with it, hence the blowdryer :whoa:

I will pull the carb off, but was a little hesitant to do it right away because I've only ever worked on 2 stroke carbs.

Thanks

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Evader 53 said:
Hah, I ride bikes too... Thats the problem, the quad has been collecting dust while riding the dirtbike.

Its 25 degrees here, so I figured the cold weather might of had something to do with it, hence the blowdryer :whoa:

I will pull the carb off, but was a little hesitant to do it right away because I've only ever worked on 2 stroke carbs.

Thanks

It was the sitting around collecting dust that caused the problem. The fuel in your carb evaporated out, leaving behind a nasty varnish.

There are only two or three moving parts in the carb.. so long as you don't lose anything, it's really hard to break them. Just use your head and don't do anything stupid with it..

Carb cleaner and compressed air are your friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom