Carb. Purchase and jetting question

vick

Oct 22, 2009
I bought a 36mm Carb on E-Bay. I can send the link thru I.M. or e-mail if anyone would be interested in giving me thier opinion on what I bought. It is a KDX 200 Carb. bored to 36mm with an adjutable screw.

Also, I plan to install this carb. and a Pro Circuit Plat. 2 with Pro Circuit silencer. I am in Indiana.... What jetting would you recommend to start. I also might upgrade the Reeds.

My bike is a 2002 KDX220.

Thanks for any info.

Last edited:

reepicheep

Apr 3, 2009
I suspect you would then just jet it like a 200 then. See my "newbe needs jetting help" thread right next to this one, I posted what I learned there.

I wonder if the intake porting of the 220 is also difference, or just the carb was smaller. If the intake is ported to match the smaller carb, you might be better off with the 220 carb (smaller bore).

Also be warned that a 200 rev pipe on a 220 is a torque pipe, and a torque pipe on 220 is a mess. So if the intake isnt ported differently, what was a rev pipe may now be a torque pipe. And if the intake was matched, who knows what you have now.

A properly jetted 220 with that pro circuit pipe pulls nice and hard. I didn't have a LOT of time on it, but my 5 minute impression was that it felt like my 200 with the 225 big bore kit. It had a really nice power band (when it wasn't exploding pistons ;) ).

Top Bottom