goldman15

Jun 9, 2001
My son's PW50 decided tonight that it did not want to idle. It would idle without shutting off if I left the choke 1/2 open but as soon as I take the choke off it shuts off. The air filter is clean. Should I turn the air screw to richen or does this sound like a dirt particle is obstructing the gas flow. What steps should I take to rectify the problem? Thanks

goldman15

Jun 9, 2001
Thanks for the quick reply. How do I clean the pilot circuit? Is this normal that the pilot circut would get dirty after only 6 months which is how long my son has had the bike since we bought it new?

RM250Rida

May 16, 2001
Take the carb out. The take off the float bowl. The take a can of carb cleaner and spray it down the jet. Let it sit for a few minutes then take an air hose and blow it out. I like to use the little compressed air cans that are used for cleaning the computer key boards. The pilot jet has a very smal opening so it's ver easy for it to get clogged up. When I first read this it knod of sounded like it may have week compression but I doubt your kid would beat on it that bad in only 6 months. However you may want to check it.

Top Bottom